Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:19 am

Idk if I should make this something official and big on the forums, sounded like a good idea.

So you heard about this ssb4 right? Well how about we turn it into a little fun game?

You can list 15 (or 10 depends) characters on who you think will be in SSB4. They can be either newcomers or rejected characters from previous Smash games (Roy) or both altogether (So no veterans, like Mario or Sonic).

Entries will close the first day any official SSB4 website is open to the public to avoid cheating.

You get 1 point for each character you get correct once they are confirmed. If you pick a series rep, but not the correct character, you will get 0.5 instead of 1 (Like if you had guessed Ike for melee but roy got in instead).

After the site has opened, we just wait for results. For some bonus points, you can guess who will be rejected from Brawl, this would count 0.5 points per correct guess. You HAVE to guess 5 characters if you decide to guess for this.

You can change your list as long as the site isn't opened.

You can speculate on characters yo uwish to see, but that wouldn't get you any points would it (unless it fits)?

The list doesn't have to be in any order.

You must place a name and preferably a series too, but not needed (Unless you say ryu, which you would need to specify)

Unless it's someone like the Ice Climbers or Zelda, you can't choose 2 characters in one slot.

My list would be:

1. Bowser Jr.
2. Ridley
3. Little Mac
4. Samurai Goroh
5. Megaman
6. King K. Rool
7. Bomberman
8. Geno
9. Skull KidSaki
10. Krystal
11. Waluigi
12. Kamek? (Yoshi rep)
13. Zoroark
14. Medusa (probably Palutena tho)
15. Mewtwo Jeff (Earthbound)
16. Wii-Fit Trainer

Rejects: ROB, Toon Link (idrk) Lucas, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, Olimar

I do hope they add Rosalina somehow, maybe as a Peach alt or instead of one of the Mario characters.

GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Stamp Collection.v

Last edited by YouOnlySueOnce on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:31 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:11 am

I'll do this later.

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:37 pm

As will I.

Power

Back to top Go down
View user profile
YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:35 am

And I did.

GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Stamp Collection.v

Back to top Go down
View user profile
YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:27 pm

LOOK AT THAT AIM! (I should probably update to add ToS and change the Medusa to that partner pit had on his game)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 am

looool pro prediction skillz
I never did this later

Power

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:29 pm

DOING THIS LATER NOW

This will be more speculation on what will change rather than who will be added. These are my educated guesses based off of what we've already learned about the new Smash Bros.

I think that Toon Link is going to be taken away from the roster since he shows up in the background of the Spirit Tracks stage. This leads me to think they maybe doing away with all of the "clone" characters. This would mean no more Falco and Wolf, and Ganondorf possibly getting a complete moveset overhaul. Maybe Ganondorf will actually use his sword now (possibly in the fashion of Ike, who I'm also betting on them taking away).

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I'm betting on them putting Chrom (from Fire Emblem Awakening) since they've already shown a stage from his game in the screenshots (Arena Ferox). With my no-"clones"-theory, this would mean that he'll either play very differently from Marth (like Ike in Brawl) or he'll be replacing Marth altogether (which would probably be less likely). If not Chrom, we may possibly get Lucina, who would fit as an Awakening character and replace Marth all at once.

The only "clone" that I'm sure they'll keep is Luigi. Luigi was around since the first Smash Bros, and I can't see them removing any of the original roster. Perhaps they may give Luigi (and maybe Mario) a few more move differences. Maybe we could see Luigi using the Poltergust with Luigi's Mansion's recent return. As for Ness and Lucas, I'm honestly not sure where that will go. Ness is definitely here to stay since he's from the original roster, but Lucas could go either way. That's all my theories on the "clones". I didn't miss any, right?

I think Lucario will also be marked off from the new Roster since he's not as popular as he was when Brawl came out (close to the fourth generation of Pokemon). He could possibly be replaced by Zoroark or some sixth generation Pokemon we don't know yet, but more likely he'll just leave an empty space.

I'm a bit lost for when it comes to the Zelda characters. Link is the only hint I have to what they'll do, and they're pretty confusing with his consistency. Link in the new Smash Bros is Skyward Sword's design, but all of his items (his bow, his bombs, etc.) are taken from Twilight Princess.. If they do this with the other two Legend of Zelda characters, Skyward Sword Zelda might seem a bit out-of-place using magic attacks (since she did nothing of the sort in Skyward Sword). If they wanted to do something particularly off the path, they could replace Zelda altogether with (young) Impa, but they don't seem to want to actually use anything from Skyward Sword. (This also eliminates my Ghirahim theory.) Ganondorf would have to be redesigned altogether to fit Skyward Sword's style. So yeah. I don't even know where they're going with the Zelda characters.

Also, Olimar will (of course) have the two new Pikmin from Pikmin 3 added to his pool.

For some reason, I also believe they'll put more effort into alternate costumes in this game (such as Wario's alternates from Brawl). Different Link designs, Mario without a cap, male and female Pokemon trainers, Louie or the new crew members for Olimar, Mega Man X (that one might be a bit of a stretch), etc.

Zero Suit Samus also seems to be gone since we didn't see Samus change after using the Zero Laser in the trailer. I'm also guessing that the Ice Climbers might be removed since what little popularity they had seems to have completely vanished since Brawl. I don't expect ROB to stick around either. Nintendo seemed to want to make ROB that guy who's always around (Mario Kart DS had him, and other games referenced him around that time), but they don't seem to really care anymore.

As for third party characters, I don't see them adding anything beyond Mega Man, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Simon Belmont on the roster if Nintendo can get the rights since Castlevania is just as big a part of Nintendo history as Mega Man. And (this one is probably a stretch) I could see them putting a Final Fantasy character if they could get the rights. Again, Final Fantasy was just a big a part of Nintendo history as Mega Man and Castlevania. I'm expecting Sonic to make a return since Sega and Nintendo still seem to be on good ties with that new Nintendo-exclusive Sonic game coming out. As for Snake, I guess he'll still be around if Nintendo can keep the rights.

So here's my final roster based on what we know so far:

Veterans:
1. Mario Confirmed
2. Luigi Confirmed
3. Peach
4. Bowser Confirmed
5. Donkey Kong Confirmed
6. Diddy Kong
7. Yoshi
8. Wario
9. Link Confirmed
10. Zelda (Depends on Impa)
11. Ganondorf(Depends on Ghirahim)
12. Samus Confirmed
13. Pit Confirmed
14. Kirby Confirmed
15. King Dedede
16. Meta Knight
17. Olimar Confirmed
18. Fox Confirmed
19. Captain Falcon
20. Pikachu Confirmed
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Jigglypuff
23. Marth (Depends on Chrom and Lucina)
24. Ness
25. Lucas(?)
26. Mr. Game & Watch
27. Snake
28. Sonic
11/28 Currently Confirmed

Newcomers:
1. Impa (Depends on Zelda) (Not likely)
2. Ghirahim (Depends on Ganondorf) (Not Likely)
3. Mewtwo (Probably in that new form)
4. Chrom (Depends on Lucina)
5. Lucina (Depends on Chrom and Marth)
6. Simon Belmont (Not Likely)
7. Some Final Fantasy character. Final Fantasy Party! (Not Likely)
(8. Villager, 9. Mega Man, and 10. Wii Fit Trainer have been confirmed at the time of writing this.)
3/10 Currently Confirmed

Wisdom

Last edited by Jefferlope on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tetris

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:41 pm

GOKU

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Now that I think about it, did they ever say the characters were going to be the same? They mentioned  there will be the same number of characters, but some of the stages will be completely different. There's not a lot of relation but it might be assumed that the characters will be the same. Right? RIGHT?!

Also if we talk about in general, don't you think it's weird the shovel from Villager is way faster than DK's  side special? It must've been replaced. Unless Sakurai thinks the air is a balance factor, which everyone knows using it on the air is useless.
Also Megaman uses a spring for his up special (Rush's spring), is this a good thing or a bad thing for Sonic? Is Sonic confirmed, rejected or moveset changed? If we're talking about clones being removed, this is contradictoryu to the creative factor of megaman, even if it's just one move lol.
Also I don't think Zero Suit is gone for sure, I don't think the FS finished on the trailer, and they just haven't modeled her completely yet probably. It would be not so ideal if lately they tried to put more emphasis on Zero Suit's story than the suit itself (though you can't see her through the helmet at all). Zelda and Ganon will probably stay the same if they're not replaced and the moveset isn't changed in the case of Zelda, seeing as they would be very different on style of before while Link doesn't look very different.
Snake will probably stay, as he stood away from All-Stars and he was asked to be in from the developers since melee according to people.
Pokemon will probably be from the new gen. Olimar and Falco will probably stay, they(Falco and Wolf) aren't that clonish as they make it seem to be, the only real clone was Toon Link, which will probably be gone. Luigi, Ganon and as shown, Bowser, will probably have a more fun moveset and in MK's part, hopefully a nerf.
I would change some from my list but some of them still have a chance (besides, I know more from the game so it wouldn't be that much guessing on the clear but speculating on information given by now), I would add as said Lloyd, since Namco said it would be interesting I believe; Pit's game is made by sakurai, which his series only has one character so Sakurai doesn't necessarily need to limit himself on that aspect, so there' Medusa, Palutena and the character I mentioned earlier. Original Ridley looks more probable with this suit for some reason and K. Rool might be the new Bowser from Brawl. The only doubty ones would be Skull Kid, but you never know with Zelda; Waluigi, as Mario is full as... full, and geno, which is geno. (And you know Mewtwo, but there's always hope, maybe Mewthree will make it (Or whatever the younger version of Mewtwo is called))
Oh and Simon would be cool, I considered him on the list but I thought it would be too much seeing as I said Megaman, didn't take out Snake or Sonic, and also added Bomberman (and in this case ToS).

Anyone knows how Bowser Jr. runs? Maybe this new Bowser is actually Bowser Jr. grown up.

lololololol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirb

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Ahh.. I love talking about Smash Brothers again Wink

I definitely agree with most of your points and speculations peeps. 

Jeff, I think they will get rid of most of the clone characters as well. Only.. (and this might just be because I used Lucas as a main) I hope they don't get rid of Lucas, I understand he had the same abilities as Ness, but he still played differently to me. I would have to say the same about Toon Link, he played a lot faster if my memory's correct, than Link from Twilight Princess. Which is a reason I liked using Toon Link, he had that speed I wished TP Link did. And one more point about Toon Link, with Windwaker HD coming out for the Wii U, they might just give him a spot on the roster.

I do have to agree with Max on the Zero Suit Samus thing, I also remember that part of the trailer just cutting off. I think the fan base liked her... and not just because she was hot.. lol. She also brings a new dimension to Samus, and I think that's the real reason she'll stay in. So yes, I think they just haven't finished her up yet. On a side note, and this might be me looking into things a bit much, but I think we need to remember that this game is going to be in HD.. and having a woman run around in latex in HD, is a little risky if Nintendo wants to keep their clean image. So maybe Zero Suit will be a little less Zero in this game.. But I have faith that they'll be able to keep her sexy either way. Wink

On a closing note, I will confirm RIGHT NOW that Crom is in this new iteration of Smash Bros. Fire Emblem Awakening was such a hit, and is arguably a system seller. I think that we will get Crom and Marth for sure. And if they're really nice.. perhaps we will see Ike return. He had a pretty nice move-set. And there aren't enough people with swords in this franchise. And also Crom makes the ladies swoon! 

Okay, I'm done for now. But I will have much more to say later on I'm sure. Great speculations guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Oh yeah, Fire Emblem, I knew I forgot something (And Pikmin, but pikmin is pikmin, I just really didn't know where to put olimar or what spot to fill in instead of him). Well I don't play it much even though I think it's a good concept. But yeah, I'll just follow the lead with you guys, though Ike is too cool to leave and isn't Marth from the first FE? Or is it just an old japanese one? If he's the first one would they just replace him like that after being in 2 games? Who knows. Also I said this earlier on steam but I'll just pass it through here, smash boxing ring stage on trailer? Hmmm, what character could possibly fit well on a game with a boxing ring? Hmm hmm hmmmmmmmmm. Half Life 3 confirmed. I might have another guess correct.

And I believe most characters mostly considered clones were classified as semi-clones(luigified), as they had more than 30% original moves (from 23/24 I think), while Toon Link had 25% unique moves, so it made him a clone (6, which I would believe include the back air, front air, neutral air, up smash and some 2 grabs). Falco did have around 35%, probably less, unique moves, however 23 is a low number anyway (8 moves). Ness to Lucas I believe had a whooping 50-60% so they really are half different (which was more than Falcon to Ganon I think) but doesn't compare to Fox to Wolf that had around 75% difference (16 or 17 moves I believe, which some still consider semi-clone), you should also consider Ike to Marth have approximately 83% of difference and are not considered clones. 
Mario to Luigi ratio is around 45% apparently.

FLUDD is probably also gone now, any guesses? I don't know if they'll put the tornado back where it was (someone go check since he probably used the down tornado aerial on the trailer).We might see a WHOLE NEW MOVE from Mario that they can put on the back cover of the game as a bullet point.
(Also wavedashing?!?!?! Maybe there's small ones or something, I think I saw one really small off a part but there wasn't any signs of button mashing so it was just probably the landing lol)

And huh, maybe we might see Protoman as an assist, or if they want to be more unpredictable, Bass if not an enemy and they don't just go LET'S ADD ANOTHER CAPCOM, WOOOOO, or Wily, who knows, kind of like Sonic and Shadow did it, and Snake and that Snake assist did it, of course they have to confirm assists first.

I wonder how they'll introduce Wii-Fit trainer to the story or adventure mode lololol, hey will there be a story mode actually?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Actually NEVERMIND THAT FLUDD THING, Right now it's on Mario. But it's not finale, it might be more useful or taken out, we don't know and I don't think the player that used Mario hit megaman at all with it so, yeah (Megaman was Sakurai, I should've reseen this).

Also anyone agrees that effect that plays when a player is sent strongly offstage or whatever looks so cray cray/cool/rad/sweet/awesome/cool/hot/meteor? The temp (?) win screen for that also looks cool (I had already seen it) but already used by capcom before I believe lol. The stage looks beautiful too, but that we had already seen too (except night? Night looks amazing too).

And I just noticed, that down smash of fire looked so cheap, it went from 20% damage to 70% for josh's sake. I guess it has no knockback and you can't hit from the middle but still. (That meteor or spike whatever it is of down air, seems so fast and strong too, working with gravity and cheese (only gravity, cheese is a figurative way of speech).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 pm

I updated my post with a counter as to what's been confirmed. I'll be keeping track of this as new information gets out.

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:14 pm

I updated my post with Luigi's confirmation. Also, I changed a couple things. I got rid of Zoroark and replaced him with Mewtwo. I think Mewtwo will be making a return since they revealed that new form and all. I also changed "Black Mage?" to a different Final Fantasy representative I think would be totally doable: A Final Fantasy Party. The character could be made up of four of the original Final Fantasy character classes (having a Special move to change between them). What better representative for Final Fantasy would there be?

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS   

Back to top Go down

SSB4 SPECULATION POINTS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1