Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Reputation and more tiny updates.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

Reputation and more tiny updates. Empty
PostSubject: Reputation and more tiny updates.   Reputation and more tiny updates. EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:47 am

It had to be done. (The topic lol)

As some of you might know or remember, there's a thanks button laying here and there, that button is used to change the color of the post and thank the owner of that post in a way that meant that it helped you. however, that was pretty much it.

Now, as some of you might have noticed, there is a kind of like a "Like/Dislike Bar" on each of another user's post, this features are both connected and we didn't use to have the Reputation because it would be kind of useless and it kind of still is, mostly because what will the points earned by them be used for? Now that I thought of it there might be a badge you might get, but that's it, since you can't pretty much waste it. Some of the people might use it in the wrong way too, by spamming and you know use it to annoy (Besides, it's like what, counting your likes on yourube comments?), but I found a way to kind of fix this, while it's ok without the points at all, the number of Reputation Points you have is now LOCATED ON YOUR PROFILE, but not on posts, that is to make it kind of not as important as other options, while this may be updated later, as of now, it will be located ONLY on the profile.

Now, the thanks button complements more and gives you a certain amount of REPUTATION points depending on the section and this new feature which I'm about to explain further gives you 1. This is, while it's useless now because we know each other, to help users who to trust more and to know who is more respected, I would guess.

Now for the Reputation points itself, most of you noted the new + and the - to the right of the posts, these are the kind of like/dislike buttons, which are used to show your respect, or well not that serious, more like, show if you technically, well, liked the post, or if you disliked it. Commonly the dislike shouldn't be used a lot since most of the times you probably might not care anyway. Just make sure you don't misclick or make a wrong decision because I don't think you can undo, atleast yet. It might also be used if someone advertises to a bad site or a virus download, this is to show others how trusted or if it's a good choice to click the link or download, without having to go offtopic if you have nothing to say. Or if you don't like a suggestion or feature (Like this one! Which would be weird to vote down because... then you are using the feature lol)

This idea came up more because of the topics that might have good content but, you dont' have anything to say lol. Or just so the user doesn't feel bad lololol. Ok I'm done with that

To continue with this long post, some small things have been editted, if you didn't see.

The quote, button and code boxes have been modified a little to fit the bg a little more, or to be a little bit more blue so to speak.
The thanks color, while doesn't look perfect, it looks better, than what it used to do. It still attracts the attention it needs for being thanked, and it fits a little more. It isn't complete white which made it look odd for some reason.

And well, instead of a bar for reputation, we have Mario and Bowser, Mario = Good, Bowser = Bad. Though, that's kind of obvious, no?
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

Reputation and more tiny updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation and more tiny updates.   Reputation and more tiny updates. EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:52 am

I like it. It's cool.
Back to top Go down

Reputation and more tiny updates.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Super Marathon Bros. :: Marathon News-
Jump to: