Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Godwin's Law

Go down 
+2
Jefferlope
YouOnlySueOnce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:38 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Am I the only one who thinks this is false? Like, it's not even a law scientifically. I don't think I've ever heard one of us say it, and even if we did like once on purpose, like now, it's because it's a topic! It has to come down sometime! It's like saying "As time goes by in a forum, the probability of a music topic appearing gets closer to 1. It's like impossible to avoid one topic. And I'm talking brawlroom times too. Maybe it's just a Godwin generation thing? I would like to implement this with an obvious law too. "Godwin's law will only appear if the user has received information about the Nazis (recently or he just remembered), or someone applied "Godwin's Law" to him and he didn't know it existed." I mean if you think about it, it's true. It has to be if not the user will never know about this "law", and if the user is ignorant, he can never apply this law, so the probability will stay at 0. So now lets add this to the law. "The probability of reaching Godwin's Law comparison will stay at 0 if the user doesn't know about it or the nazis (ignorance or age), it will start going up once the user learns about wether the Nazis or Godwin's Law. In which case depending on the personality, the rate might go faster or slower (If the user wants to invoke the law, it goes faster, if he wants to avoid it, it goes slower, if he just knows about the nazis and not the law, it will go faster).

With all that included, the probabilty of it being true on my head approaches 1, but it's not quite on it yet. It still seems a bit too general and false since it just doesn't apply everywhere, it just applies to discussion forums and that's probably because they were influenced by a Nazi topic somehow. They just can't bring it out of the blue.

Lolololololololololololol
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:01 am

I'm sure "Grammar Nazi" has come up once or twice.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 am

I'm sure I'm a nazi.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 am

I think this looks like a bit of a joke.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:37 pm

i seen part of a documentary about the nazi's yesterday
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Godwin's law is retarded and I always hated it.
Hitler or Nazis aren't the evil of all evils and other things or people can compare to them.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 pm

well, hitler did become the german president by promising germans peace and the banishment of the jewish, then he sent opposing german politicians to concentration camps, then promised peace again to become a dictaor, then he sent jews to concentration camps then he taught children in schools stuff like how to use guns and how much money handicaps cost the government. This all happened before he started the most memorable war ever. He's kind of evil.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:12 pm

But not the worst.
Back to top Go down
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:09 am

It's true in it's own way I suppose. But it's true with any other subject such as music, as max stated. As time goes on, if you single out one topic, it is bound to come up at one point or another if the person knows about it. But there is no way to guess when or what the probability of it will be. It's just a given that it will happen.

So, it is true at its core, just not particularly helpful or really relevent in any way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Godwin's Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godwin's Law   Godwin's Law Empty

Back to top Go down

Godwin's Law
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Other :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: