Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am

¡GUAU!
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 am

Here's a guy who may or may not be a character in a thing I may or may not be working on.
This is my first full-body pixel art! Feedback is welcome, as always. No blinking or bobbing this time around, though. I started some kind of animation, but it didn't look good, so I scrapped it.

Cowboy Hat Winter Coat Man:

EDIT: For some reason, posting it on the forum is blurring it, so here's my deviantArt link to it for a clearer picture: http://jefferlope.deviantart.com/art/Cowboy-Hat-Winter-Coat-Man-338870365
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:12 am

bootyfull
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:59 pm

TIME FOR THE LONG POST AGAIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (not really)

At first I thought the scarf was some kind of shirt below the shirt with kind of weird perspective or something. An animation will definetely fix that. I like it, the shading is coo' even though it could go more complex and the palette colors were decently/(goodly?) chosen for the style.

lol.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 pm

I should probably drop these here for those who haven't already seen them. They are some concept characters for that project that is nothing more than ideas at the moment. I was using these to test out Manga Studio, which I'm liking so far. The icons are pretty huge because I have a habit of working in a much bigger size than I intend to use them for.

Plant Girl:
Fire Guy:
Water Girl:

I have all of these characters pretty well thought out, but I don't think I should post about that, this being an art topic and all. I may draw full-body pictures later. Feedback is great, as always,
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Cool BEANS my man. I especially like the fire guy.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:46 am

MACHOP IS NEXT IN LINE

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 MachopIcon_zpsc0d66428

So I made this one from scratch, using the Mystery Dungeon sprite as a reference. I like how Machop came out, for the most part. I think the crests on his head may be a little unbalanced, and the shading on his body may be a bit wonky. It took me forever to get him to not look like a total creep with the red eyes and the dumb smile and all, but I think it turned out looking right at the end.

I ALSO USED SHINE IN THE SHADING FOR THE FIRST TIME

As for the "THAT'S OUR TETRIS", I know it doesn't make any sense that Machop is the one saying it! I thought it was a good idea at 1:00 am. I didn't realize until it was finished at 3:00 am how nonsensical that is!

I would have done something a bit fancier with the text too, but I could barely even get it to fit since I've been keeping all these sprites at 50x50.

Anyway, as always, feedback would be heavenly as always (Max).

[Special thanks goes out to Dark for supplying this spriting session's soundtrack. Persona 4 OST]
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 am

It's beautiful, Jeff! I love it Very Happy Maybe I'm just speaking in the third person for some reason lol
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm glad you like it! I'll go ahead and add it to your Marathon Bros Twitch bio now, rather than that stock Mystery Dungeon sprite.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

I still like the one you made for yourself lol. It's my favorite. It's like if you knew how to design yourself, or knew how you looked.

Didn't you add a kind of shine to Dark? Atleast I think you did.

Now I see something off, but the sprite itself is nice. The crests could totally do some bit of shading, they look a little off compared to his face. And in my personal opinion, I think it's too luigi'ish, and by that I mean the face is not fat enough? It's too large and not fat enough, maybe fattening it or just shortening it might work, it's either that or the perspective is playing with me, which I don't think it is.

He should say, "This is your Tetris!".
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 pm

I edited the sprite to add more shading on the crests. I also fattened his face a bit. Does it look any better?

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 Machop10

I won't be re-animating it, of course. I don't have the time or patience for that.

And for side-by-side comparison, here's the original again.
Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 MachopIcon_zpsc0d66428
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 pm

It does look more like Machop.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Alright, great. Machop, I hope you don't mind that I won't be reanimating it. Sorry!

Thanks for the feedback, Max!
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:29 am

lol it's cool, I like it either way.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:16 pm

HEY MAX, HERE'S AN ACTUAL ICON FOR YOU THAT IS ACTUALLY MADE FROM SCRATCH (using the Mystery Dungeon icon as a reference)

Now with "LOL" departure action! And glowing eyes! And no transparency issues!
Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 MatsuIcon_zps17ce4a7c

I'll go put this on the Twitch bios page. ENJOY!
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:49 pm

The wild LOL used teleport!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:05 pm

OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?! JEFF! My lols have no capital! JK I'll go ahead and put it on everyone's profile.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 pm

LOL
Oh yeah, that reminds me that Jeff told me to fix my bio thing.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Well, get on that, will you?! What am I paying you for?!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Wait, we're both paying him?
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:10 pm

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:21 am

So I made up this creature thing. It's a frog made out of beach. Water and sand, ya know? It could be a boss or maybe a normal enemy in a game.

Here's what would be its idle animation, I suppose. Maybe I could have it do that chin puff thing frogs do as well. I tried my best to give it the effect of shifting sand and drifting water. Not sure how well I portrayed that since I've been staring at it for so long. That's what feedback's for! It took me forever to get it in that pose with its back legs too. I hope it looks right.
Beach Frog Idle:

Here is a rough unfinished animation of what it's tongue would look like. [The fly should be floating around in the water on its back afterwards.] Also, the frog would actually be much bigger than its scale I showed to the fly. Should be bigger than a human, in fact.
Frog Tongue Attack Thing:

Feedback (on both the sprite and the idea in general) would be great, of course! I mean, on the first sprite. The second one is just a thing I threw together to demonstrate the tongue.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:56 pm

I like those sprites. The frog looks kinda like it would be an enemy in Earthbound. That tongue animation is pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 pm

I've gone through the sprites you made in my absence and overall I'd put it at a - Gift/Present /9000
unless of course you make one of whichever pokemon you associate me with wearing a professor layton hat looking depressed and buried in snow
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

@Skralem
Maybe.

@Everyone
So the other day, I bought another plot-driven DS game nobody's played. It's weird for me to say that's a regular thing for me.

It's called Hotel Dusk, and it has a crazy cool art/animation style. I don't know if the game is actually any good yet since I'm still at the beginning, but guys. That style.

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 Hotel_dusk_icon_by_jefferlope-d6157lx

Anyway, it's about time for me to change icons, isn't it? I went ahead an made my attempt at emulating Hotel Dusk's style. I tried to animate it too, but that wasn't working out. Hotel Dusk's method of animation involves redrawing every frame to be slightly different, but not too different. I guess I just don't have the skills to keep my frames consistent enough.

I'm happy with how the static image came out, though. It looks just like me. B)

Last edited by Judge Jefferlope on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next