Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Lovely!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 am

I thought I said something about the frog, oh weeeelll.

Judge Jefferlope wrote:

So the other day, I bought another plot-driven DS game nobody's played. It's weird for me to say that's a regular thing for me.
Surprisingly I've heard it several times, compared to Ghost Trick (which I only heard like 3 times besides you, before and around the time you streamed it) But oooh well, may have just been something that came out and referenced it.

Judge Jefferlope wrote:
That style.

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 Hotel_dusk_icon_by_jefferlope-d6157lx

Hotel Dusk's method of animation involves redrawing every frame to be slightly different, but not too different. I guess I just don't have the skills to keep my frames consistent enough.

I'm happy with how the static image came out, though. It looks just like me. B)
About the animating thing, I actually like doing it with sprites, but gosh the time it takes compared to just spriting it still lol.

About the icon, I like it. I'm starting to see you're getting used to drawing yourself. That must be why you're so handsome compared to other icons lololol totally not because you're handsome in real life, pfft fabulous. WAIT, Where's the beard? Fake.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 am

He dyed his beard invisible
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:12 pm

To be honest, I tried to draw the beard, but I couldn't get it to look good. The problem is, it looks too much like the shading lines. I just shaved, so there wasn't much of a beard in my reference picture anyway!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Judge Jefferlope wrote:
To be honest, I tried to draw the beard, but I couldn't get it to look good. The problem is, it looks too much like the shading lines. I just shaved, so there wasn't much of a beard in my reference picture anyway!
just make blacker lines or dots! lolol Yeah no problem I guess, you can dye it any color you want to.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:00 pm

GUYS IT'S ANIMATED

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 Hotell14

I went ahead and gave animating it another go, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's not as consistent as I would have liked, but it's not bad nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Jeff should take on you. He's very handsome apparently in that animation anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)   Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Icons! (And also sprites in general, I suppose)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3