Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

So, the SONY meeting.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

So, the SONY meeting. Empty
PostSubject: So, the SONY meeting.   So, the SONY meeting. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Anyone saw it? The Sony meeting? It was pretty much a PS4 shout out, even thought we didn't see the console itself or anything, we saw some specs and the controller, and the functionality of the WiiU but with the Vita instead of controller as the TV.

We met some platinum for the PS3 when everything not related to Sony just came in and made the meeting weird. It was literally a Blizzard (PC) and Bungie (Microsoft/Halo) meet up right there with Master Chief appearing on a Sony meeting and getting away with it. I bet Microsoft felt awkward. Though it was all for agame Destiny which is all for online and fps and probably very halo-ish, PS3 and PS4 I believe. Oh and Blizzard just announced Diablo 3 for ps4.

Anyway there was also a new infamous announced, infamous second son or something. Also Watch Dogs which actually looked pretty interesting (Pretty much like Assassin's Creed apparently).

There was this Knack game or something which apparently is the remembrance of old games like Crash Bandicoot, Jax & that guy, and some other games. PS4 has more sharing and broadcasting options, being stuck and being able to handle to another player your controller via online and pretty much making PS a social gaming network now with planning on real names when you connect it with facebook and ustream. The controller loooked pretty nice, it's actually a change in model now and not just buttons (not by a lot though). The chip for the PS4 for background download is there, and you can play while you download that same game, which I think was already said somewhere. More tools with playstation move to be able to make models/sculptures for games, pretty much saying the creativity aspect, and now the ps3 recognizes your likes and all (by basically the social thing), apparently it's going to be faster and won't stop momentum? So I hope those saving screens that stop and go to the black screen are gone. You can keep downloading stuff even when off. And that's what I remember for now, if you remember something else feel free to post about it.

Other than that, well.

NOW FOR E3!
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: So, the SONY meeting.   So, the SONY meeting. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:05 am

I'm liking the social integration stuff. The system recording your gameplay is smart, and having people able to watch it live and even take over if wanted looks great. Loving the whole idea of the games downloading as you play too. They seem to be doing a lot for impatient people, such as myself, this time around.

As for the games they showed, Knack or whatever looked interesting, and The Witness looked cool. Watch Dogs is looking interesting too, but I probably won't pick it up because I'm betting on it being just as boring as Assassin's Creed or LA Noire or any of those types of games. I didn't care for any of the rest of the games they showed.

They had to be holding off on some information for E3, though, because they wouldn't throw out all the big stuff on a random Wednesday in February. Interested to see more, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: So, the SONY meeting.   So, the SONY meeting. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 am

I did not watch the meeting because I was asleep. But if the PS4 is backwards compatible and those rumors about not being able to play used games are false, I'll probably get it.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: So, the SONY meeting.   So, the SONY meeting. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 pm

It can play used games, don't worry. As for backwards compatibility, I doubt it. They said you can stream PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP games to it, but they are probably saying they will be available to purchase in the store.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: So, the SONY meeting.   So, the SONY meeting. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:38 pm

I would be okay with that, but since that incident where people's credit card information was lost, I'd be pretty hesitant about using the store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, the SONY meeting.   So, the SONY meeting. Empty

Back to top Go down

So, the SONY meeting.
Page 1 of 1