Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Brawlroom: More to the story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kirb

PostSubject: Brawlroom: More to the story   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:58 pm

So I just noticed (thanks to Jeff's topic) that the video game Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be 5 years old tomorrow. And this also means that Brawlroom is already 5 years old. And I would like to share with you all a small bit of history surrounding Brawlroom's origin story. As we all know, a new entry was coming out in the Smash Bros. series, and this was the first time we were going to be able to play together as a fan-base globally. And this was a very exciting concept no doubt, and Brawlroom was created for the purpose of communicating with other die-heart Smash Bros. fans. But there was another reason it was created, and I think that this reason is the real reason as to why I look back at Brawlroom, and you guys from time to time, and just have my heart feel numb.

I don't know if I've told many of you this, or maybe any of you this, but Brawlroom was a place I also created for the sake of making friends. I remember starting out, (because I was a little hesitant about communicating with strangers online) and I posed as an 11 year old Japanese piano student, who was a computer wiz haha. I don't know why I chose to portray this character, but now, looking back, it seems slightly racist of me to assume that an 11 year old kid from Japan knew how to play the piano and program websites right? But anyway, this was who I said I was. But really, I was just a lonely kid looking for friends, and people to talk to. I was actually in high school at the time, around 14 or 15, and I was just having the worst time of my life. I was extremely depressed, and I was just dreading every single day of school. And I know what you're thinking right now. I know a lot of people go through that awkward high school experience, and I'm not saying I had it any harder, or any easier, but for me it seemed different. I wasn't picked on, nor was I made fun of too much by others. Personally, I thought it was was worse than all that. Because I felt like I didn't exist. I know that may sound stupid, to wish I was picked on or made fun of, but when you're not even talked about, I guess that also hurts. But I remember coming home everyday from school and knowing that Brawlroom was there. Over time I dropped my Japanese wiz kid act and let you all know who I really was, but at the same time still trying to be as cool as possible for the fan girls Wink.

Gosh, this all seems like a giant mess of text right now. I guess what I wanted you all to know is that Brawlroom was made for more than one reason, and with it now being 5 years old, I hope that Brawlroom helped you like it helped me, that you all, my friends, helped me. And for those of you who are finishing up high school, and going to college soon, or about to experience high school as you're reading this post. Just know that when you feel alone, that there are always people out there who feel exactly as you do, and who don't quite understand why making friends is hard, or why it's so hard to show people the real you. But here's a small lesson in life that may not be taught in a classroom or put on a board, and here it is, people are not complicated, so don't complicate them. Because once you start understanding that we are all equal, and that we all have our battles and constant struggles, you will understand that fitting in with the crowed, just for the sake of fitting in.. is stupid. And you will understand that YOU are unique, and that you are awesome, and that you are no less of a person than the people who may be trying to bring you down, and that you have the ability to inspire people who don't know this about themselves. I found amazing people in this world from my keyboard... And they will always be with me and on my mind. They aren't even just people anymore, they're my family. And I'd list them all here, but I have too many little brothers to count, who live in different parts of this world. And I know no matter where they all go, what they chose to do with their lives, that they will be successful. Of this I am absolutely sure. And that hopefully, I instilled in them something that they will carry with them long after Brawlroom, and into their personal lives.

Anyway, I know there's probably a lot more I'd like to say, but I just can't think of it right now. But I do offer the opportunity to any of you who would like to say anything, on this 5th year anniversary of Brawlroom. I joked about Brawlroom being inactive to jeff in another topic, but it's not something I'm truly upset over or anything. It will always be in my memory. And I know we all have lives now, and that soon we will be moving on to bigger and better things. This is not a bad thing, it is a good thing. And like I said before, I know we will always be connected, even if we don't talk for years. K, love you all, bye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sneas

PostSubject: Re: Brawlroom: More to the story   Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Brawlroom has changed my life, and for the better, without question. Thank you, Supa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Brawlroom: More to the story   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Supa
I love you
And the rest of you
I don't know if you guys feel the same way, but to me you've all been my best friends since almost 5 years ago when I started coming to Brawlroom a lot. I took a lot of breaks from Brawlroom over the years, but I kept coming back because you guys are my true pals.

Power

Back to top Go down
View user profile
YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Brawlroom: More to the story   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Awwww. I regret nothing about those years (Or however long they were, I was totally on xat for those 5 years though). Before, I said that if it wasn't for the internet and the fact that we're all settled apart, we would've probably never talk to each other (Or I said something like that, probably not like this close but meh). Now, I'm starting to doubt that statement, considering myself now and how I am. You honestly are like my best friends, I wouldn't replace you. You guys almost never ruin my days and I was honestly today having weird twists of good-day-bad-day day. I was expecting some other person to make it agood day in the end, but this was totally a better finale. I actually remember how friendly it was Brawlroom and a lot of the fights there was, but I never really hated anyone from there (Well maybe except Fidan who kept being a jerk to me at that time), if it weren't for all of this I probably wouldn't be the person I am right now, and for that I guess I should say thank you everyone, I Love Heart you (except those weird bots that come once in a while, you guys are too generic).

GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Stamp Collection.v

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Brawlroom: More to the story   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm

"It doesn't matter how far apart we are. The bonds we made will remain strong. Everyone's heart is connected to the people they know and trust. It's those bonds that let us all search for our purpose in life. As long as it's a purpose you believe in, there will always be someone who can help you fulfill it. You, me, and everyone else. There are no barriers. Our hearts are one."

PostSubject: Re: Brawlroom: More to the story   Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm not too good with gushy stuff, but you guys are so awesome. I'm really glad I know all of you, and I've had so many good times since I met everybody. Whether it was in Brawlroom or the stream, I always have a ton of fun hanging out with you guys. BFF's! Come Here Sweetie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brawlroom: More to the story   

Back to top Go down

Brawlroom: More to the story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1