Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) Empty
PostSubject: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Alright, so my last year's New Years Demands were depressing, but necessary. I'll probably do another depressing bettering myself resolution again next year, but for now I think I'll take a break and do something fun. So this year, I'm doing a New Years Project!

Every day, once a day, I'll use my phone to record a short 1-3 second video. At this time next year, I will put all the footage together into one thing. It'll be a fun way to sort of document a year of my life. And I'll have to get creative, so that'll be interesting. And also the whole committing myself to something will be nice for improving my ability to work within deadlines.

I won't be posting them online or anything. Don't want to flood your guy's internets. You'll see my results at the end of the year, though!

Since I only have one resolution this year, here's how I'll earn maxpoints. I start off at 100, with the full cgapoint. For every day I miss recording, though, I lose 10 maxpoints. Miss 10 days, and I fail completely.

LET'S HOPE I CAN COMMIT TO THIS

BONUS: Learn/hone a creative skill, and do something with it. Be that 3D modeling, film-making, game design, drawing, animation, or something I don't even know I might want to do. Worth a full jeffpoint.

Like last year, post your guys resolutions here. LET'S GET THOSE CGAPOINTS, GUYS!

[Same conversion rate from last year applies. 1 cgapoint = 2 jeffpoints = 100 maxpoints]

Last edited by Jefferlope on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:11 pm

Cool idea jabberdope.

I want to make some concrete goals like that, too. Instead of having general "try and do this" resolutions, I will make a plunge and go for specific achievements.

1. Make one polished song every month. This is a realistic goal, since when I get the creative juices flowing I usually pull my stuff together in a couple days. The challenge is actually sticking with a musical idea. I can come up with a thousand melodies or riffs. I just need to work on expanding them into a full song. 12 of them, actually.

Money Shower earn: 2 mp every song
bonus: enter one in SDCompo (http://www.sdcompo.com/) and get in the top 3 (+2 for 3rd, +6 for 2nd, +16 for first)

2. Spend more time doing college reading and less time doing random useless crap. I'm going to give myself a minimum of 1 hour of reading per day.

Money Shower earn: Every week I stick to it, I'll earn one mp, for a total of something like 30 possible? I don't know how many weeks I'll actually be in school/have reading to do. But yeah.
bonus: Ace a class! +5 mp per class aced

3. Complete the RPM challenge in February. For those of you who I haven't told about it, the RPM challenge is where you create an album of music during February. I've tried it the past two years but I never actually made a finished product. With new skills, equipment, and possible collaborators, I'm in the best position yet for success. Now I just have to not wimp out.

Money Shower earn: 15 mp for a complete album
bonus: +5 mp if I use every instrument I have at college! (except maybe my kazoo and harmonica. ewww)
EXTRA BONUS: use every instrument I have on A SINGLE SONG (+5 mp in addition to the 5 from the other bonus)

4. Don't spend money on crap you don't need. Now that I have a job, I feel like I can throw money around like a madman. I want that to subside a little bit.

Money Shower earn: 12 mp. I'll give myself a budget of 20 dollars per month on random stuff (anything that isn't food or toothpaste or stuff like that). If I exceed that, I lose one mp.

Repeats (resolutions from last year)

Beat all Half-life games.
2 mp per game

Get better at talking
1 mp per woman sweet-talked (jk)

others

write a power metal song
5 mp

More later (maybe)

Last edited by CoolGreenApple on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:46 am

I really like the ideas here, BUT WHO OWNS THE SYSTEM NOW HUH?!

1 MAXPOINT PER GOAL NOW.

Actually, hey jeff, how about for every month you get 8.3 points, that will make it as if they were 12 resolutions fitting with the theme and all, and if you miss a day you lose 8.3 points (example value for now lolol). Technically it would work as a fail per month, but you can still lose more than once a month and you get 12 tries (You can place a rule where it's more punishing if you do two misses in the same month, but that's up to you).

CGA's seem pretty reasonable lololol

LAST YEAR RESOLUTIONS (35 (bonus) maxpoints):

FAILED RESOLUTIONS:
- How to fix a car/how it works. (13 mp) (6 mp)
- How to make a computer/cellphone/tablet/consoleatleast, seriously, how do they even work. (13 mp) (6 mp)
- Find love (Besides you guys, lololol). (10 mp) (2 mp)
- (Half) Get better at (code) scripting since I noticed it could probably come in handy some day. (8 mp) (4 mp)
VETERAN RESOLUTIONS:
- More body work. (10 mp) (5 mp)
- Learn how to cook more, independence ftw. (10 mp) (5 mp)
- Complete things I have not completed (lower lazy level). (8 mp) (4 mp)
- Eat healthy to stay alive. (5 mp) (3 mp)

THIS YEAR RESOLUTIONS BABY:

Since everyone is going for the fun aspect now.

1. Sprite/Draw something per month, atleast 1, preferably 2. You can draw more per month without a prize. You can recover a lost month by doing at least 2 more, and if the reason was a legit reason on the missing action. But yeah, spriting and drawing is so cool you shouldn't be missing out.
1 maxpoint per sprite/drawing. Maximum of 4 per month, 2 is the normal maximum if no months have been lost. Therefore maximum is 24 points for the year. Lets round that up and get a bonus point if I actually do all of them without miissing one. (25 maxpoints)

2. Play every (or enough) single game you currently own and CAN run, time is running out, and you may never play them eventually. This includes Steam games and physical games (that I can play). Everything outside of that may or may not be counted, depending on how stable that other thing is. I don't really know how to score this, but lets do it this way, 1 maxpoint for every game I boot up, 2 maxpoints for every game I stay for a while, and 3 maxpoints for a game I finish. 100% will be a 5 if the 100% was actually hard and not just clearing the game. This of course, means one, replaces the other, so I wouldn't get a beastly 11 maxpoints score, but only a 5 maxpoints. My steam library is at around 50 apparently. With this I'm aiming for atleast 25, In case this goes out of hand, A jeffpoint is the maximum score. I don't want to get addicted to playing all day and all year either. So (50 maxpoints).

3. Write an actual line of script (theater or youtube video, I don't know), book or I don't know, poem? You should probably release a video of your progress if the script was even a rant of something (it will probably be on spanish). A finished script per month would do (so each worth 1 points), and maybe as a bonus 2 maxpoints per script if an actual video with editting is done (so probably just pictures or drawings that I did from the above resolution if I even do it). Let's say the max score is 25 to round it all up. So I can miss 1 video (that aren't exactly monthly) and a half I guess, so if I start it, it counts? lol) For these I do need some software for everything so if I can't get one this may be scrapped. (25 maxpoints) If I start making something like a game or something of sorts, this can be replaced by it for the same reason.

100 non bonus maxpoints, which will probably be hard considering school and all.

Bonus 10 MAXIMUM 15 maxpoints: Watch more anime and read more, just because it's a nice resolution to have. I just noticed this also rounds up ALL the resolutions to 12, so that helps.

With bonus and all, this rounds for 150 maxpoints. I can get TWO CGApoints ACCUMULATED IF I GET EVERYTHING, LETS GOOOO!

EDIT: Progress (since I might forget about the games):

January:
2 Sprites
6 Games Started/Played: (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokemon X, Super Smash. Bros Brawl, Jamestown, Minecraft, Terraria)
6 Games Played for a While: (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokemon X, Super Smash. Bros Brawl, Jamestown, Minecraft, Terraria)
Script Done
1 Video Done
Anime Completed: Death Note, The Devil is a Part-Timer!
*(Not counting StreetPass Mii Plaza i'm guessing)

February:
6 Games Started/Played: (Fifa 2013, Zelda Four Swords Anniversary, AaaaAaaA for the Awesome, Guacamelee: Golden Edition, Trine 2, Shank)
8 Games Played for a While: (Pokemon X, Fifa 2013, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Jamestown, AaaaAaaA for the Awesome, Zelda Four Swords Anniversary, Guacamelee: Golden Edition, Shank)
*(Not counting StreetPass Mii Plaza I'm guessing again lolol)

March:
2 Games Started/Played: (Monaco, The Binding of Isaac)
2 Games Played for a While: (Monaco, The Binding of Isaac)
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:24 am

WHOOPS, I FAILED

ZERO MAXPOINTS FOR JEFF

HAPPY 2015
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:27 am

Me too. Happy New year!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 5:34 am

It looks like I won then! Even if I didn't really count the points I have (yet).
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Actually I got one mp for sweet talking my girlfriend into dating me and a few for beating most of the half life games and completing a few songs but still failure Lolo
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:42 am

For next year, I'm gonna steal Jeff's idea and make a short video every day. The challenge will be living a life that is actually worth taking a video of...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)   It's that time of year, guys. (Again.) Empty

Back to top Go down

It's that time of year, guys. (Again.)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Other :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: