Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler Review Empty
PostSubject: Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler Review   Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler Review EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am

First and second seasons and commenting on the possible third season.

Artwork

I absolutely LOVE the artwork in this series though the strange thing that is uncomon in most anime and manga is that the quality of art took a dip in the anime. Usualy the anime has better artwork then the manga but that is not so for Kuroshitsuji. The second season was a bit better, the faces were more consistant and resembled the manga a bit better but it still wasn't as good as the manga.

I do have to comment about Yana Toboso's (author) creativity. Untill the second volume Ciel (one of the main characters) hadn't worn the same outfit once (on different days, if he wore different outfits in one day that would be silly xD) untill the authors comics at the end of the book. She managed this and the outfits were still creative and original and I was suprised to find this fact out. All in all I'd suggest that people watch/read it just for the art.

Storyline

The story features Ciel Phantomhive, a young (like, 13 or something) leader of a very large toy company. He has a butler named Sebastian Michaelis (who I think is suppost to look like Ciels father? They hint at it but never give any confirmation) that is in fact a deamon that has made a contract with Ciel to serve him untill Ciel gains revenge for his parents death. Thus Sebastian is the most amazing butler that can do anything pretty much anything. At the end of the series Sebastian ends up fighting a fallen angel that was working with the queen of england. I don't remember exactly how this came to be since I haven't seen it in a while but Ciel ends up falling off a bridge and dieing and Sebastian got his lunch (in deamon terms) OR SO WE THOUGHT! (second season time)

(be warned I'll troll some characters in this one xD) It turns out that Sebby got interupted by another deamon by the name of Claud who serves Alois Trancy (the *cencored cuz Jeff would kill me if it wasn't*) Sebby gets Ciel's soul back but onoes he lost his memory! So Sebastian has to go through having Ciel get his revenge again so that his soul tasts better. Latter on Sebby and Claud have a fight instructed by both of thier masters (Ciel and Alois) and they cut a deal not the bug eachother again. Latter again Claud gets a tast of Ciel's apparently amazingly awesomely awesom tasing soul (idk, deamons are wierd) and breaks his contract with Sebby and starts going after Ciel's soul. He is victorious and mixes Ciel's and Alois's souls so that Ciel remembers Sebastian as the person who killed his parents. Ciel orders Sebastian to never come into his sight again so he doesn't. Latter again again a third deamon is brought in (i bet you guys are tired of this already XD) and don't get me wrong she was there from the begining but we didn't know that she was a deamon. Just a random maid person. She takes away Ciel/Alois and sets Alois (the attention brat *yet again wishes I could swear*) against Claud so that SHE get's Ciel/Alois's soul. Claud and Sebastien race through a maze of a mix of Ciel's and Alois's mind and even though they make it to the end they don't rescue the soul. Alois wished that it was imposible for Sebastian to get Ciel's soul and while the she deamon is off eating Alois's soul Sebastian ends up killing Claud (YAY). Ciel is turned into a deamon so Sebby can't get Ciel's soul so he's stuck serving him FOREVER. The end.

(anyone who actualy read all of that gets a cookie and btw Claud and Alois need to get a room U: )

Third season is being suggested, they could deffinately go there but judging at how the second season went (it was ok but the first season was better) I think it would be better to not go there. There's not much they can do with Ciel and Sebastian now that they're demons I mean they could have Sebby trying to get Ciel's soul even though he's a deamon but... it just won't work out well.

Fanbase

Unlike in my FMA review this one will be a lot more in detail and a lot longer! Fanbase for Kuroshituji is HUGE. Lots of Yaoi lot's of shonen-ai lots of making fun of Sebby Ciel Alois and Claud. It's all pretty funny as long as you get the refrences to the anime. All of this attention makes it hard for me to decide if this is a shonen or shojou manga. The kind of fans it atracts are deffinatley rabid yaoi fangirls among other things. The fanservice that the author puts into the manga is also heavy so I'd have to say that at its heart it is a shonen but because of the way it was presented and what crowd got atracted to it it became a semi-shojou manga. I do enjoy reading all the comics making fun of the second season though, and if there's a third season there's bound to be more.
Back to top Go down
lilbrokk

lilbrokk

Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler Review   Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler Review EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:13 pm

This very interesting. I should:writah: a review about this review.
Back to top Go down

Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Media :: Read & Write :: Reviews-
Jump to: