Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Etrian Odyssey 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Savage Tyrant

Savage Tyrant

Etrian Odyssey 3 Empty
PostSubject: Etrian Odyssey 3   Etrian Odyssey 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Few may know about this excellent series, but Etrian Odyssey is one of the most unique games I've played on the DS.

It combines old school dungeon exploration with picturesque graphics from the DS. ((Some may complain about the anime style of the character design, but I don't mind))

The plot is to explore a labyrinth using the town as your home base. You create a party from many different classes of adventurers and you quest into the dungeon. A stand-out feature is you have to draw your own map! Including walls, doors, traps, chests and many more using the touch screen.

I currently own Etrian Odyssey 2 which I consider to be one of my favorite DS games, in which you scale up a labyrinth on the inside of a tree. The next installment of the game will feature an underwater labyrinth and all new character classes.

One warning, the learning curve in Etrian Odyssey starts off steep. VERY steep. As you start you will find that you will die. You will die often. The game is unforgiving but as you learn how to stay alive you will be able to explore with greater ease. Yet even veteran explorers still manage to succumb to the terrors lurking in the Labyrinth.

Did I mention its very fun? I can't wait till the third one comes out. Which will be soon Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

Etrian Odyssey 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey 3   Etrian Odyssey 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 am

Etrian Odyssey Seems pretty interesting.. Maybe ill Buy 1 and 2 then get three for My birthday or Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

Etrian Odyssey 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey 3   Etrian Odyssey 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 am

Well, I'm still on the 7th or 8th floor on the first one, and although it IS very fun.. it's way to hard for me. I probably won't be getting the third one, and I've got to save my money for a bunch of games on my list.. that I'll actually be able to beat. By the way Tryant, you forgot to mention that the this third installment in the series introduces multiplayer.. Smile
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

Etrian Odyssey 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey 3   Etrian Odyssey 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Heard of it, never played it. Might play it.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

Etrian Odyssey 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey 3   Etrian Odyssey 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Also, if you pre-order it from GameStop, you get an art book with art from all three games:
Etrian Odyssey 3 EO3_bonusLG
Back to top Go down
CaptainOzo

CaptainOzo

Etrian Odyssey 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey 3   Etrian Odyssey 3 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:22 am

I have the second one, because Fidantelius accidentaly ordered 3 or 4 copies, so I bought one off of him. I made it to the end and as far as I could after that without beating any of the epic quests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Etrian Odyssey 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey 3   Etrian Odyssey 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Etrian Odyssey 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Video Game Talk :: Gaming-
Jump to: