Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Marathon Suggestions and Ideas

Go down 
+7
DarkKirby702
Jefferlope
Machop90
YouOnlySueOnce
lilbrokk
Savage Tyrant
SuperMarathonBros
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Nope, the non-marathon streams page is for one time things. Josh is going to be doing this every weekend.
Back to top Go down
lilbrokk

lilbrokk

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Oh ok. My bad sorry josh.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Maybe you guys could do a super smash marathon where you unlock all characters for all games (I'd think it'd be cool if you included super smash flash 1 in there too).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:40 am

Sorry for the inactivity guys, I've been pretty lazy/busy over the last few months. Originally I was going to get a dazzle, but after reading alot of bad reviews I didn't want to take the risk. NUNS2 turned out to be a pretty bad game, and it all went downhill from there.

I'm still planning on getting a hauppauge hd pvr though. No promises, but I'll try my best to get it.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Josh wrote:
Sorry for the inactivity guys, I've been pretty lazy/busy over the last few months. Originally I was going to get a dazzle, but after reading alot of bad reviews I didn't want to take the risk. NUNS2 turned out to be a pretty bad game, and it all went downhill from there.

I'm still planning on getting a hauppauge hd pvr though. No promises, but I'll try my best to get it.
Bad reviews? I've heard good things about the dazzle.. I'm planning on getting a new cap card, so you're gonna have to help me out in what I should get sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:22 pm

I've heard nothing but good things for the hauppauge, and the quality is amazing Jeff. It's a tad bit expensive (180-200$) but it seems totally worth it
From what I've seen/heard about the dazzle it's easy to install and is pretty simple to use, but has alot of issues (framerate, freezing, crashing, quality)

I never really looked into the more expensive Dazzle's because I'm pretty set on the hauppauge Razz

Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Not like I care or anything but isn't this for suggestions and ideas? I repeat that I don't care but is there no where else to talk about dazzle (just wondering)
Back to top Go down
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Hey, i think that we shouldn't have a review section just for games, we should have a general review section for anything, shows, games, books, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 pm

wait, ignore my last post i didn't notice that there was a section for that already @_@ *facepalms*
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:29 am

Now this might just be throwing dirt in the wind but how about RELEASING THE NEXT MARATHON DATE? I don't really want a specific day but just timeframe so I figure when too sneak my mac downstairs. The site needs a bit of excitement, ever since about 1 1/2-2 weeks after the marathon it seems lots of people just stopped coming, this way people don't just miss the next one altogether. Another thing: maybe you could try to get another affiliate or two.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:25 pm

$krAlem wrote:
Now this might just be throwing dirt in the wind but how about RELEASING THE NEXT MARATHON DATE? I don't really want a specific day but just timeframe so I figure when too sneak my mac downstairs. The site needs a bit of excitement, ever since about 1 1/2-2 weeks after the marathon it seems lots of people just stopped coming, this way people don't just miss the next one altogether. Another thing: maybe you could try to get another affiliate or two.
We're still working on getting the Marathon all ready before we start advertising, but right now it's looking like it will be in February.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:08 am

How about a few more non-marathon streams then. Ok, I know you did the minecraft one (which I missed Sad ) but the occasional tournament or Wi-fi match with Commentators would still be cool. Hmm... the SSBB tourney is approaching, hint hint nudge nudge. And I think I'm proof that affiliates are decent advertisers as I found you through Mcleodgaming so, if you don't already plan on doing so, maybe you should get an affiliate that relates to the next marathon (ex. a mario site for mario marathon or pokemon site for a pokemon marathon, shouldn't be hard to get either of these). I hope I'm not getting annoying but its just that I can only remember a high of 25 viewers at the last marathon and more viewers = more donators. I can't keep my mouth shut so if you find my suggestions unnecessary just say so. GO SMB!
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:13 am

I probably shouldn't abuse this thread but here's an actual suggestion: have 2 people simultaneously play the Treasure hunting game too see who can do it faster and to see who comes out with the most treasure.
One not suggestion related question, you said something about Supa leaving, is this true? He was my favourite commentator. You guys do too much behind my back.
Back to top Go down
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:45 am

$krAlem wrote:
I probably shouldn't abuse this thread but here's an actual suggestion: have 2 people simultaneously play the Treasure hunting game too see who can do it faster and to see who comes out with the most treasure.
One not suggestion related question, you said something about Supa leaving, is this true? He was my favourite commentator. You guys do too much behind my back.

Supa didn't leave for good, he's just not gonna be a active between marathons now. He'll still be here for commentating and marathons and stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:05 am

I have a suggestion, I suggest we overthrow the current government of SMB! DOWN with the chicken! Down with the chicken!

@$krAlem- Hey buddy! What's up? I agree this evil jefferlope does all this stuff behind our backs! But don't worry, I will try to be a little more active here so I can get ready to hopefully join you all in the marathon next month! Have faith my little kirbette! Have faith!

Last edited by SupaKirb on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:40 am

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Comes out next month! So my commenting shift shall be quiet and me not paying attention. Or me not on at all. MC Creeper °n°

Last edited by DarkKirby702 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Wait, you mean I was hyperventilating over the fact supa doesn't use the forum. I already got used to that anyway, his Commentating is good enough for me.
[Insert an actual suggestion underneath this post]
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Stream some more Minecraft. Maybe we could take over an unpopular SMP server and dance. Maybe if someone has the means (and the bandwidth) we could start our own server.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:08 pm

CoolGreenApple wrote:
Stream some more Minecraft. Maybe we could take over an unpopular SMP server and dance. Maybe if someone has the means (and the bandwidth) we could start our own server.
I tried to start my own server. I made it and all, but I can't get it online.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Your ports aren't opened jeff.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 pm

DarkKirby702 wrote:
They definitely are open, it's that my modem isn't in bridge mode.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 am

jefferlope wrote:
DarkKirby702 wrote:
They definitely are open, it's that my modem isn't in bridge mode.

I'm not sure what that means, but perhaps these can serve as models.

Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 3029129-zubizuri_bridge_at_night-bilbao

Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 043-DigitalTowerBridge

Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 Butterfly_bridge

Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Hmm.. perfect!
But off topic. Get back on. The topic, I mean.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Yes, I'm sorry.

How about an animal themed marathon where we donate to the World Wildlife Fund or something and play games with animals as main characters or something (Donkey Kong, Sonic, Yoshi, etc.)?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marathon Suggestions and Ideas   Marathon Suggestions and Ideas - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marathon Suggestions and Ideas
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Super Marathon Bros. :: General-
Jump to: