Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jaco

PostSubject: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 am

As you all may know, the second rule of BrawlRoom currently states that an individual can be banned by a moderator if he/she is found to be "indecent".
I am formally requesting that this rule be removed for the following reason(s):
Whether a user is "indecent" or not is solely based upon the moderator's opinion, and not actual fact. If a moderator feels as though someone should be banned because he/she may not like the person, the moderator has full authority, granted by Rule #2, to ban that person, despite the fact that the person who was banned may or may not have had done anything wrong.

Furthermore, let's pretend I was made an Owner. Now, let's pretend that I think you are ALL indecent. So I perma-ban you all, because Rule #2 allows for it.
Is that justice? I think not. So, please consider removing it, DarkK.

Last edited by Jaco230 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 am

Well it Was YOUR rule.

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 am

DarkKirby702 wrote:
Well it Was YOUR rule.
I know.
But it's not exactly my responsibility anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Is that really necessary to ask HERE? Shouldn't you just ask Dark to remove it in Brawlroom? I don't think he'd have a problem with it, considering YOU made the rule.

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 pm

jefferlope wrote:
Is that really necessary to ask HERE? Shouldn't you just ask Dark to remove it in Brawlroom? I don't think he'd have a problem with it, considering YOU made the rule.
No one really takes me seriously in BrawlRoom. Besides, this way is more organized.

Sneasel and Max have been made Owners for no real reason and I believe Sneasel thinks he is on some sort of pedestal now.
He thinks he can boss us around. When we don't listen to whatever he says, we get kicked for being his definition of "indecent".
No one was being indecent in the least.
Sneasel's definition, as he makes it seem, is "Anyone who disagrees or disobeys me will get kicked or banned".
That's not right.

Also, Sneasel thinks that I'm complaining about his Ownership.
Granted, I do think making Sneasel an Owner is completely and utterly unnecessary in every sense, but Sneasel is taking that too personally.
Max is an Owner, too.
Three Owners is way too much.
But I'm not complaining just about Sneasel's Ownership. I'm complaining about how he takes advantage of it.

Also, I think the "insulting mods" should be replaced with "insulting anybody will result in punishment.
Moderators deserve no more respect than the rest of the community. They are not above anyone.

Also, Sneasel is quite unruly himself.
He threatens me for breaking rule #2, when just twenty minutes before that, he was having a hissy-fit because he thought Dark was gonna spoil MvC3 for him. Sneasel F-bombed during this.

Then, this happened:
Quote :
Sneasel: Okay, I'm cooled down now.
Jaco: Wow, Sneasel...
Sneasel: Shut the h*ll up.

I admire his hypocrisy.
He not only breaks rules on his own very well, he also lies about being calm after he has a conniption over MvC3, a game that is not worth crying over whatsoever.
I'm given the impression that Sneasel thinks BrawlRoom revolves around him.
Accordingly, when Sneasel gets mad, he is allowed to F-bomb at will.

You can't just be all mad all of a sudden and break rules and then say "LOL GUYS I'M COOLED OFF NOW". It's not how it works, Sneasel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Hmm.. I don't know about the whole rule thing.. But as far as the respect thing.

You are a former Brawlroom owner, and I should have drafted special rights and privileges to those who have served and are brawlroom alumni. I believe that if you have been owner, you should be treated with respect. Like I feel like you all have treated me, even after I retired. The same should go for you rookie and Dark in the future. Once Dark is done with brawlroom, he should also be treated with respect by the next generation of owners.

So you tell Mr. Sneas that respect is what is expected of anyone who serves as a mod or owner of Brawlroom. Rules aside, tell him that his rank is nothing compared to your permanent rank in history as brawlroom owner.

If he has a problem with respecting a retired owner like yourself, and your views, then there obviously needs to be some rethinking in his ownership/modship.

*EDIT

Also, allowing him to just drop the F bomb? I remember he used to do that when I was there, but that was years ago, he isn't a child anymore and he should watch his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Tiyou5

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:59 pm

hmmmmmm I think rewriting it would be better than just abolishing it so instead of

"an individual can be banned by a moderator if he/she is found to be indecent."

it should be

"an individual can be banned by a moderator if he/she has broken any of the rules"

reasonable right?

aaaaannnnddd what the meep has snease done now? *grummblegrummble* So he's abusing his powers? Who has he kicked? Was it for something really small or for really no reason?

Blarg, I'll talk to him about it if you guys want, I know he'll listen to me. If there's anything specific you want me to tallk to him about then let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Tiyou5 wrote:
aaaaannnnddd what the meep has snease done now? *grummblegrummble* So he's abusing his powers? Who has he kicked? Was it for something really small or for really no reason?
*Explains on BrawlRoom*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:29 pm

There WAS a reason I made them owners. I was gonna leave for a bit So I can enjoy a time off. Kind of like how supa had Jeff and DP. Then later that night Chaotic stuff happened. Max didn't do anything. But now I feel like I can't take a break. I'm gonna have to watch them As long as I can.

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:51 pm

..Sneasel's (and Geno's) disregard for the rules is what finally pushed me to leaving Brawlroom. After I had been planning to leave for a while, I just couldn't get myself to leave. But one day Sneasel and Geno decided to explain to me that they had no regard for the rules whatsoever. They f-bombed all they wanted just because Dark wasn't around. That was when I decided to leave. I honestly don't see Sneasel as owner material.

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 pm

The deed is done.
People are getting demoted all over the place.

Now, there just needs to be the prudent removal of rule number 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Dark Demoded everyone? Pfft, no surprise, he's a kirby, he takes crap from no man!
Back to top Go down
Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:53 pm

>Irony

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Well, I guess this is done?
*locked*

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 pm

jefferlope wrote:
Well, I guess this is done?
*locked*
No.
Dark still hasn't removed rule 2 or given his opinion on the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm getting the impression that Dark is completely ignoring the matter.
If he doesn't respond, I might just make the change myself...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Calm down Jako...
Back to top Go down
Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:40 pm

SupaKirb wrote:
Calm down Jako...
Will you cut that out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom   

Back to top Go down

Requesting Abolishment of Rule #2 on BrawlRoom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1