Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.
 
HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:16 am

Go.
(Microsoft had red ring of death and couldn't make it to the debate, sorry.)

Rule(s)

1. You can only defend and appeal to ONE. Don't choose the good and the bad, once you defend 1 company you must stay with that company. Switching makes your opinions and facts invalid. This is WAR MOTHERS!




Last edited by SupaKirb on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:17 am

Nintendo has their own franchise characters. BRING IT PUNKS!!!!

Back to top Go down
Tetris

avatar

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 86
Location : Somewhere in Canadia

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:33 am

Wait? We can only defend one company? That's hardly fair since both have received incredible success, and each have redeeming and negative qualities. Only saying that one is far superior to the other without any base or structure like that is the highest level of hypocracy.

lul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:52 am

Tetris wrote:
Wait? We can only defend one company? That's hardly fair since both have received incredible success, and each have redeeming and negative qualities. Only saying that one is far superior to the other without any base or structure like that is the highest level of hypocracy.

lul

THIS IS WHAT NOT TO DO! FOLLOW THE RULES YOU CLOWN!


And pfft! That is the point, we aren't supposed to give the other side even a slight compliment. War is war! Sony made fun of Nintendo's mama!
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:16 am

Sadly I cannot participate, as I couldn't care less about these so called "franchise wars"

_________________


Last edited by DarkKirby702 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:20 am

DarkKirby702 wrote:
Sadly I cannot participate, as I could care less about these so called "console wars"

This isn't a console war, it's a franchise/company war.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

avatar

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 86
Location : Somewhere in Canadia

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 am

Which is a larger scale console war.

THREAD = DERAILED B]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaco

avatar

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 21
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:38 am

DarkKirby702 wrote:
Sadly I cannot participate, as I could care less about these so called "console wars"
You mean you couldn't care less.
If you could care less, that implies that you care at all. Which you apparently don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

avatar

Posts : 2631
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 23
Location : On your computer screen.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 am

I think Nintendo wins by default. Smile

_________________

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Pfft! Fine then girls!

Nintendo wins on account of I'm the only one who gave a reason for why they own Sony.

And what the flip? Console war?? Excuse me, but Nintendo is not defined simply by "console wars." Nintendo is defined as the company that changed gaming forever, and brought the cult classic characters and franchises we have today. Metriod, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Golden Sun and much much more. Don't ever down scale Nintendo like that. Console wars? HA! Get that crap out of here...
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:20 pm

SupaKirb wrote:
Nintendo wins on account of I'm the only one who gave a reason for why they own Sony.
Well Technically, That reason wasn't really that good. As Microsoft and Sony have some Franchise characters too.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:38 pm

DarkKirby702 wrote:
SupaKirb wrote:
Nintendo wins on account of I'm the only one who gave a reason for why they own Sony.
Well Technically, That reason wasn't really that good. As Microsoft and Sony have some Franchise characters too.

I don't really think you can judge my reason seeing as you never gave one of your own. Nintendo has more franchises than both of those companies combined; but quantity doesn't really matter because Nintendo quality alone is more than enough to win that argument.

Also, I thought you weren't going to participate in this debate? And read the title, it's Sony and Nintendo, keep Microsoft out of this.

Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:06 pm

SupaKirb wrote:
but quantity doesn't really matter because Nintendo quality alone is more than enough to win that argument.
The quality really Depends on the Gamer's preferred Style of genre or Play. So the quality is basically Different for everyone.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 pm

DarkKirby702 wrote:
SupaKirb wrote:
but quantity doesn't really matter because Nintendo quality alone is more than enough to win that argument.
The quality really Depends on the Gamer's preferred Style of genre or Play. So the quality is basically Different for everyone.

Uhm... Duh? Lol... I think everyone understands that people have different tastes in this world Dark (heck it's the reason we are debating.) But by mass opinion and sales numbers, (and this is actually relevant because sales = people buying) Nintendo has always come out on top. Meaning..... people are buying Nintendo's games more than any other companies... meaning... they "prefer" Nintendo's "Quality", when it comes to games. Which is no surprise, because Nintendo takes excellent care of their franchises.

Name 1 franchise exclusive to Sony that is better taken care of, or sells better than a Mario or a Zelda. And don't say that is just sales and to disregard this;
again, sales = people buying, resulting in them CHOOSING, what they PREFER.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

avatar

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 21
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Or maybe it's because Nintendo is currently catering to soft-core gamers, which are WAY more plentiful than your hardcore gamers.
And thus, more sales.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Jaco wrote:
Or maybe it's because Nintendo is currently catering to soft-core gamers, which are WAY more plentiful than your hardcore gamers.
And thus, more sales.


There is no soft-core gamer, just idiots who think they're hard-core. And btw..... YOU'RE MY FLIPPING #2!!!! WHY IN THE HECK ARE YOU TRYING TO COME AT ME!?

I can always "reexamine" your application..... Forever Waiting
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Hey uh. Nintendo didn't always win in more sales of consoles. Games Maybe. Consoles a definite no. When the PS2 came out, It beat out every system. Then later on, Nintendo and Sony have been like Neck in Neck. Then Ps3 and Wii came out. More people obviously bought a wii. Probably mostly due to the Price of the ps3, and because of the motion control (Which isn't that great if you ask me.)

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:07 am

DarkKirby702 wrote:
Hey uh. Nintendo didn't always win in more sales of consoles. Games Maybe. Consoles a definite no. When the PS2 came out, It beat out every system. Then later on, Nintendo and Sony have been like Neck in Neck. Then Ps3 and Wii came out. More people obviously bought a wii. Probably mostly due to the Price of the ps3, and because of the motion control (Which isn't that great if you ask me.)

Hey Uh... not once in my last post to you did I say anything about consoles, I only mentioned games. Also, you didn't leave an answer to my question, so I'm assuming you don't have one?

You say when the PS2 came out, that it beat out every system? Unless you are talking about a showdown with the N64, (which I'm assuming you aren't, because that would be just irrational) you must be talking about the Gamecube correct? Well here is the problem with that... I am almost positive that the PS2 came out in 2000, and the Cube in 2001. So how in the heck can the PS2, when it "came out", beat out a system that's not even available for retail yet? Lol how does that make any sense? So no, it did not beat out Nintendo's system when it came out, in the future yes, but not when it was first released.

And yeah, Sony also thinks the reason that the Wii out sold them was because of their price point, and lack of motion controls; and we can clearly see that with the creation of the new cheaper slim version of the PS3, and the release of the move.

*edit
I think I've said pretty much everything to respond to you in the last post and this post, sooooo.. anything else? Since you are the only one clearly representing Sony and I am clearly representing Nintendo, unless we have a 3rd person also clearly debating for 1 side, it's just going to be a back and forth with no end. So anyone else want to support Sony or Nintendo? If not the debate will end.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:12 am

SupaKirb wrote:
But by mass opinion and sales numbers, (and this is actually relevant because sales = people buying) Nintendo has always come out on top.
That is when you, Technically speaking, Mentioned consoles.

And Also, There ARE Soft-core and Hard-core Gamers. Not as much as the gamers themselves, but the Genre, or Content of the game.
It's also not very nice to call people "Idiots"

Also, The Competition that i was actually referring to started with Sega's "DreamCast," late 1998- 2002 (When the DreamCast "Died.") Then, PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube were left Alone.

(P.S. I am done with the "debating" because It now looks like a bad Argument.)

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:12 am

DarkKirby702 wrote:
SupaKirb wrote:
But by mass opinion and sales numbers, (and this is actually relevant because sales = people buying) Nintendo has always come out on top.
That is when you, Technically speaking, Mentioned consoles.

And Also, There ARE Soft-core and Hard-core Gamers. Not as much as the gamers themselves, but the Genre, or Content of the game.
It's also not very nice to call people "Idiots"

Also, The Competition that i was actually referring to started with Sega's "DreamCast," late 1998- 2002 (When the DreamCast "Died.") Then, PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube were left Alone.

(P.S. I am done with the "debating" because It now looks like a bad Argument.)

No that quote you took out of context... because it was not meant to mean what you took it in as. I meant games and that was very clear.

And who is the insulting people more here? You are separating and classifying gamers under different status's? That is discrimination of specific people. EVERY gamer, is a GAMER. Stop trying to suggest that the games you play are better and that suddenly makes you a "Hardcore gamer". If that's the case, then everyone is a hardcore gamer, because everyone has their own preference for what is a difficult or a more satisfying game. So I do not feel bad for calling people who are judging others gaming preferences, "idiots", because that is what they are. And again, you are bringing in companies that aren't in this debate. And you are completely right, this debate is clearly over.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:45 am

SupaKirb wrote:
Stop trying to suggest that the games you play are better and that suddenly makes you a "Hardcore gamer".
No one said or even suggested for that matter, that the "Hardcore gamers" are only "Hardcore" because they think the game is better. As I've said before It's More based on The Content and Genre of the game.
And sometimes even The way you play, or how many games you collect.
The term "Hardcore gamer" Does not always necessarily mean "A person who thinks they are better at a game than someone." or "Someone who thinks a game is better than another."

I was going to ignore this topic now, But I just had to clear that up.
Accusing me of saying I'm suggesting that the games people play are better, and that suddenly makes them a "Hardcore gamer" Isn't really a good thing to do, knowing I said nothing of the sorts.

Sorry if that post seemed Weirdly typed, or Grammatically Incorrect. It's almost 1 AM, I have testing tomorrow, And I could not have worded that whole post any other way. I was thinking for like 10 minutes on how to word this whole thing.

(P.S. Period goes inside the Quotation Marks, Not outside.)

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 am

DarkKirby702 wrote:
SupaKirb wrote:
Stop trying to suggest that the games you play are better and that suddenly makes you a "Hardcore gamer".
No one said or even suggested for that matter, that the "Hardcore gamers" are only "Hardcore" because they think the game is better. As I've said before It's More based on The Content and Genre of the game.
And sometimes even The way you play, or how many games you collect.
The term "Hardcore gamer" Does not always necessarily mean "A person who thinks they are better at a game than someone." or "Someone who thinks a game is better than another."

I was going to ignore this topic now, But I just had to clear that up.
Accusing me of saying I'm suggesting that the games people play are better, and that suddenly makes them a "Hardcore gamer" Isn't really a good thing to do, knowing I said nothing of the sorts.

Sorry if that post seemed Weirdly typed, or Grammatically Incorrect. It's almost 1 AM, I have testing tomorrow, And I could not have worded that whole post any other way. I was thinking for like 10 minutes on how to word this whole thing.

(P.S. Period goes inside the Quotation Marks, Not outside.)

Lol... I'm sorry dark, but your explanation of a hardcore gamer is horrible, it's so clustered for me to make out. And sleep tight.

*Edit

It's 4 am here btw, and I am still able to make sense of things and study at the same time, just letting you know that. And my responses didn't take me 10 mins to plan out.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 am

SupaKirb wrote:
Lol... I'm sorry dark, but your explanation of a hardcore gamer is horrible, it's so clustered for me to make out. And sleep tight.
Well, The simplified version, I guess, Is "Hardcore gamer is a widely used term applied to describe a type of video game player. There is currently no unanimously agreed upon definition for the term. Some describe hardcore gamers as those whose leisure time is largely devoted to playing video games." That's the only thing I found. I like that Definition, So I'm gonna think that way until I forget about it, Or won't care anymore (Which is what my feeling is right now)

As for the Sleep, Jeff and Max cut my bed in half, and sold it to The Speed Gamers.
I now have to sleep on the cold floor outside. MC Zombie -.-

Now as for the debate, Let's just say that the winner is Kookook Inc. and delete everything we just talked about from our minds, and become Fishing buddies again.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:00 am

Ugh... I have to come clean... I've been overly worked with school lately and I've been stressed. SO I subconsciously made this topic to vent and take it out on someone I guess...

I would very much like to be fishing buddies again... SOrry for being a you know about about this entire thing....

Let's go kill some zombies Way Too Anxious
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

avatar

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:49 pm

You don't have minecraft...

Oh wait, you mean RE.

Should I lock this or leave it for the future?

_________________

GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Stamp Collection.v

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1   

Back to top Go down
 
Nintendo Vs Sony Act 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Campaign for Sony to buy Atlus!!
» SONY LCD [Chassis WAX]
» Sony KV-E2531 etc
» Nintendo Action Figures
» Sony president confirms it

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Other :: Debate Room-
Jump to: