Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!

Go down 
+3
DarkKirby702
YouOnlySueOnce
Jefferlope
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! Empty
PostSubject: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Gah! This is just like when I first heard GameStop was gonna stop buying N64 games! This was a huge blow!

So, I was at GameStop today, pre-ordering my brothers 3DS for him and buying his secret birthday gift, when I casually glance towards that tv they have with all the ads. On the tv it says they're gonna stop buying GBA games on April 3rd. This means I can't buy anymore used GBA games from GameStop.

..I feel old. It seems like it was just yesterday when the GBA came out. I know the GBA was after my time, but I remember the first game I played on it. Yoshi's Island. I didn't have an SNES when I was a kid, so that was the first time I every played Yoshi's Island, and it's still one of my favorite platform games to date. Do you guys have any memories with the GBA?
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:11 pm

SP?
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:23 pm

MaxMatsu wrote:
SP?
I think all the GBA systems and games.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:24 pm

I don't even go to gamestop lol.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:25 pm

MaxMatsu wrote:
I don't even go to gamestop lol.
Well, almost every one of my GBA games was bought used from GameStop.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm okay with it.
I was convinced to buy Link to the Past for GBA though.
So I should do that sometime soon.

[Supa: This is why I go to amazon baby!!! Word to your mothers! Fork Yeah ]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:44 pm

This is why I go to amazon baby!!! Word to your mothers! Fork Yeah

HEY DARK! NOT COOL!!!

I might be buying some gba games soon after hearing this... let's face it.. I got the 2nd golden sun game there. I'm gonna try to find some other gems.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Do I have any memories from GBA? you obviously never seen how many hours of pokemon I put on that thing...
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:18 pm

That sucks!
I was gonna see if I could fine another copy of FireRed...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Jaco wrote:
That sucks!

I have FireRed, I'll give you my copy for free for 100 dollars. Big shiftperiodD

Also I still have the original Box... Along with minish cap and super mario 3... I wonder if they are worth anything... And yes they are all in mint.

Last edited by SupaKirb on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Jaco wrote:
That sucks!
There not gonna stop selling them after April 3rd, they're just gonna stop buying them. So don't worry, you'll still be able to find the games you want, but they will gradually get harder and harder to find until they eventually disappear forever.. just like the Game Boy games.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Dang it! Just when I lost my amazing mirror.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Well I used to buy gba games in gamestop but when I realized the nintendo 3DS is coming out the gba games don't longer used to me anymore
Back to top Go down
yukiro

yukiro

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm

What?! This is prepostrous! No! ... Well, I don't really play gba games anymore anyway, so this doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!   GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games! Empty

Back to top Go down

GameStop No Longer Accepting GBA Games!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Video Game Talk :: Gaming-
Jump to: