Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw   Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 am

Ok these are 2 games I don't think got the credit they deserved. In most places they're considered to be in the "bottom feeder" class of pokemon snap or "not a core game" like pokemon stadium 1 and 2 (the worst part is I liked all those games). I want to point out the good things and reasons why I'd rather get a New pokemon XD rather then a new pokemon Revolution (which I didn't get in the first place). This is going to be done quickly so I'll probably miss a lot.
Pokemon Coleseum
•started your pokemon at level 25, and they weren't "starters"
not choosing my starter was different to say the least and the slight level boost made it easier to get right into trainer battles.
•double battles only
There is waaaaay too many double battle only strategies for the battle system to not get a game. Teaming up wheather pokemon or using the Earthquake/Flying type combos was extremely satsifying.
•Johto Pokemon
With the starters and the Legendary Dogs (and Ho-oh) it allowed you to get otherwise near impossible to get pokemon (until hg/ss of course). This made up for the dissapointed fans who couldn't transfer their Gen2 pokemon over.
•Shadow Pokemon
this had it's ups and downs, but the uniquness made the game different and was a loop hole to prevent wild battles from existing. Downside is the team options were a bit smaller (you could get more good choices in XD though). This also brought that annoying girl into the story too, man I hated her.
•Battle Tower
If I recall the XD one was better, but still you could fight a bunch of high Exp. Pokemon there
•Some nice Pokemon
I kind of already said something like this but who doesn't like catching a lv50 metagross, those things are a pain to train.
In XD there was also a sweet Chansey, Magmar and Electabuzz (scythere would've been sweet too if silver wind didn't get replaced by x-scissor.)
•You started as a Bad Guy
How is being the evil organizations top guy then turning on them and becoming the hero not cool? It gave the main protagonist more character then: turning ten, leaving home, becoming the best trainer, do it again in the next game. Lame, also I think the main character was older too, he seemed to have some kinda swagger.
•3D world
I seen on ign that they wanted a 3D world main series home console pokemon game. Yeah, these games had a bit of wasted potential but it is a 3D world with 3D modelled pokemon.
•Snag Machine
this goes along with shadow pokemon, but stealing other peoples pokemon was just so darned fun. If only this went by the Infamous System and I could take anyones pokemon...
•Tournaments
these too were better in XD but entering a real tournament to gain exp and even get a prize for winning is something pokemon's always needed. Since you don't even fight the champion first round in Black/White, I think they could've done an anime style pokemon tournament.
XD
It improved a lot of coliseum's problems and added some new things.
•Eevee as starter
This was just cool, getting an eevee then choosing it's eeveelution later. This also gave some more replay value the the Umbreon and Espeon thing in colliseum. With Glaceon and Leafeon I think it wouldn't be hard to use this idea again
•Lucky Egg Quest
The lucky egg is tied for being the greatest thing ever (with the bike and old rod) and the fact there's a way to get one other then a wild chansey in fr/lg is awesome
•Shadow Lugia
Nuff said
•Battle Disk Sim things
I didn't realize it then but those are like they're own little mini puzzles. Making you hit your own porygon for conversion or the spikes/sandstorm combo to take care of shedninjas were things you couldn't experience through normal play
•Quick Battle (Lv.100)
this was fun. Just convincing someone to take you on on a ultimate clash of extreme pokemon. When else could I use mewtwo, mew, Deoxys and Jirachi without catching the latter 3, cause it's near impossible.
•Easier to get items and unlearnable move
if it wasn't for the fact black/white don't allow me to transfer items I'd get hard to find things like a choice band there. Also moves taught through purification like magmars thunder punch or marowaks sing(?) were cool, and the move tutor who taught my Articuno Sky Attack were also cool.
•Added Storyline
It's like a add-on, meaning many locations are the same and events from colliseum are referenced
The Bad
•Had to save at a computer
•If you Ko'd a shadow pokemon it's gonna be awhile till you see it again
•Limited Pokemon choices
Note: the above 2 together combine for one big Bad trait
•no trading
until you finished the game, gave me a unwanted sense of seclusion
•couldn't play my fire red on a bigger screen with 3X foot speed.
•The storylines were short
•No mini games Cry Out Loud

Why It Should be On Wii
•to use triple and rotation battles
I had maybe 4 triple and 1 rotation through the whole game, and I want to use moves like Heal Pulse and that swap move yet. A new XD can make that happen.
•to expand my Wii library
yeah so what if the bog guns are working on 3DS projects, the lataest pokemon craze should make this worthwhile.
•use more new ones with some old ones
You can only have 6 in your party, and many are available too late in the game for my liking, this would let me use that crocodile guy alongside beside the likes of Houndoom and Crawdaunt (now that's what I'd call a dark team)
•gain some respect
pokemon rumble, pokemon ranch, pokemon park, battle revolution, they've shot down a franchise once known for it's bazillion spin-off like games that didn't suck.

I could add things if I think off them so if I missed something \/ post \/
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw   Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Hmm.. I have Colosseum, but I never beat it, partly because I didn't get it until way into Gen IV and partly because I don't like double battles. I wish there were at least SOME single battles, or a choice or something, but yea, a Wii one would be cool. Great review!
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw   Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:58 pm

I hated double battles until my Raiku/Suicune team. Rain Dance+Surf+Thunder= Fun
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw   Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:49 pm

I liked the old guy with the level 50 Pikachu. I think he's Red.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw   Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Coliseum/XD Partial Reveiw
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Video Game Talk :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: