Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Oh Spirited Away, please do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Oh Spirited Away, please do   Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:00 am

I just watched Spirited Away again for the first time in about 5 years... Reason being I lost the original VHS, and just got my DVD order of it in the mail last week. And I just have to say, it's as beautiful and stunning as my childhood remembers it. I don't know how Hayao Miyazaki did it, but this is truly a masterpiece, and I DO believe this is his best work. The adventure of this little shrimp of a kid discovering her inner strength, and becoming something she never dreamed her self as, it's just so incredible. It's the journey leading up to her triumph that makes this film so endearing and heart felt. I guess at the end of the day it's a story of pure will power.

If you want to create a great movie, you should study Miyazaki's work; and I'm not talking just animated movies, I'm talking movie movies. Even after Spirited Away ends, you are still left wanting more. Now, there is no sequel which is probably a good thing.. but I don't know... I'm a little greedy and almost would like to see what has become of the amazing characters presented to us in Spirited Away. Movies that have you asking, I wonder what happened after that? THAT is a movie.

Sorry about this ramble, but idk... I just was empowered to write this after watching.

So go ahead and put me on a dessert island, but please! before you do, give me Spirited Away.. because I could watch that movie till the end of time .:sleepy:
Back to top Go down
Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Oh Spirited Away, please do   Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:21 am

SupaKirb wrote:
I just watched Spirited Away again for the first time in about 5 years...
Aye? I'm pretty sure you watched it during BrawlRoom Movie Night or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Oh Spirited Away, please do   Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:24 am

Pfft no.... I watched Ponyo you clown!
Back to top Go down
Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Oh Spirited Away, please do   Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:25 am

Same thing, really.
But with fish or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Oh Spirited Away, please do   Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:00 pm

IT'S NOT THE SAME THING AT ALL!!!!! lol.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Oh Spirited Away, please do   Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Once I said asking yourself something made something good (or decent), like another example besides movies is a book, I said that if you kept asking yourself what a word meant, it meant it was a good book. But then I thought about it for a bit and noticed that most of these questions are not always correct. A book can have words that you need to look for in a dictionary, but it doesn't necesarily mean the book won't be bad or it will make sense (like the words you look for in the dictionary don't actually make sense in that sentence). Now for the example you mentioned, asking yourself what is going to happen next doesn't mean it's good. The movie might have not made any sense at all, it might have had a weird ending, it might have been incomplete, or it was just bad with a bad ending, and you may still ask yourself, "what happens next?"

That aside, Spirited Away is awesome.

GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Stamp Collection.v

Back to top Go down
View user profile
whoknowswhatdIber

PostSubject: Re: Oh Spirited Away, please do   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Spirited Away is a god-like masterpiece that my family does not appreciate whatsoever

It is the greatest movie/anime ever and you cannot deny it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000715965113
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh Spirited Away, please do   

Back to top Go down

Oh Spirited Away, please do
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1