Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

I hate watching movies on TV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

I hate watching movies on TV  Empty
PostSubject: I hate watching movies on TV    I hate watching movies on TV  EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:30 am

Today I watched Men in Black. It was on the usually kiddy channel with shows like BeyBlade and Yugioh and increadibly far behind Pokemon (it's a Canadian station so it's at where ash is about to fight Volkner). Enough ranting on Canadian TV though, this is for general TV. So yeah I was watching Men in Black ,cause it's got Will Smith and Aliens, BUT MOVIES WERE NOT MADE FOR COMMERCIAL BREAKS! It was horrible, you know those parts in movies were the screen flashes black then changes scenes, well that is where you should (if anywhere) start a commercial break. NOT A FLIPPIN' 5 SECONDS BEFORE THE BLACK SCREEN! Even worse then this though was that the offensive form of the word crap was muted out. This was most likely done to keep parents' mouths shut but seriously? you'll mute out s*** but not the offensive form of darn? don't even get me started on the sexual references cause it definately makes sense to keep those scenes yet break up sentences all the time. Here's some examples:
"Ahhhhh *paauusse*"
"Around here your skills mean *pause*"
"Come on man, this is *pause* *pause*"
After this experiance I am now considering netflix, I heard in Canada you can only watch old movies but those are the only reason I'd get it anyway. And for the movie it was a pile of *pause*. Naw, I'm kidding it was *pausing* amazing.
So in order for this to be general discussion and not spam you must post of a time when you watched a movie on TV and how you hated it, like edited part or skipping entire scenes entirely (happened to me watching Tarzan once). Or if you prefer post about how good/bad netflix is compared to waiting for a movie to appear on a movie channel or something like that. Prefferably bad netflix experiances so I can prevent a bad financial investment.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: I hate watching movies on TV    I hate watching movies on TV  EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:40 am

One time, I was watching The Sixth Sense on TV, and there was a part where the doctor guy was talking to the kid and it censored him. The conversation went like this:
Doctor Guy - "That's Bull *pause*!"
Kid - "Oooooh, you said the 'S' word!"

I laughed so out loud when I heard (or didn't hear) that!

Anyway, as for Netflix, I looooove Netflix. It couldn't work out better. Not only can you watch movies (not new movies) instantly without commercial breaks, but you can watch TV shows too! (Old seasons anyway). Any you have access to it in more and more places nowadays. You can watch on your computer, your Wii or PS3, and soon on your 3DS! I think Netflix is great.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: I hate watching movies on TV    I hate watching movies on TV  EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 am

I love netflix and I've only watched it for two things; Episodes of Spongebob because I really don't remember, and a thing about the wrestler Big Show.

Definitely much better than on TV, although if a movie I really like is on, then I'll still watch it, just because it's entertaining and free.
Back to top Go down
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

PostSubject: Re: I hate watching movies on TV    I hate watching movies on TV  EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Netflix is epic, they're working on getting everything on instant but they haven't gotten there yet lol;;

I will voice one thing that irritates me though. The anime all comes up as dubbed when on instant, you don't have a choice between subbed or dubbed *sob*
Anyways I don't think any of you guys care about that in the first place so I'll just go skulk around in a corner or somethin... Forever Waiting
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: I hate watching movies on TV    I hate watching movies on TV  EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:49 pm

lol Socks to be you then.

There's no censoring over here.

Not only that but I have thousands of movies to watch over here at my house.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: I hate watching movies on TV    I hate watching movies on TV  EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:40 am

Ok tiyou you seem like you know the most on this subject, what anime is available on netflix? I don't like watching stuff on my comp so I definately think I'd watch more anime in my game area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate watching movies on TV    I hate watching movies on TV  Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate watching movies on TV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: