Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Empty
PostSubject: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:22 pm

I didn't know if there was a topic for this yet. I couldn't find it. I also didn't look hard. Whatever though.

The game has been known about for a while. I've been following progression since Day 1. A lot has been revealed. So yeah. Topic.

Characters:

I would include some game play video or something. But I'm lazy and tired. I don't feel like doing much.
But yeah. Game seems solid. People who played the Closed beta have been saying it's fun.
So yeah. Game should be good.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:01 am

IT'S JUST SUPER BRAWL BROTHERS SMASH BUT WITH PLASTATION VIDEO GAME characters!!!!!?!?!?! ?-Block ?-Block ?-Block Triforce
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 am

The lack of bottenless pits throws me off a bit (no pun intended), but I'm sure it'll be an alright game.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:39 pm

I would probably get it if I had a ps3.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:27 pm

There's a couple of differences, probably the fact that there's a healthbar I believe and the Final Smash is more like a regular fighter. Also the fighting controls look a bit different, but it still holds the mascot brawl principle that was made popular and started with smash bros.

Hey wait, Ape Escape? Spike? That's new. Getting the game.

lolololol jk I'll go for Xbox Melee Royale

Out of the only 3 new characters I didn't hear before, I only know Spike and I never thought they would bring that guy back. I guess it adds to the random stage and character roster.

Still looks to me like one of those random fighting games between characters that's only fun like half the time brawl was or probably less. Then you're like meh.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:50 am

There's no health bar.
You can only kill people using Super moves.
Which use the super meter at the bottom.
Which builds by using attacks.
You can also drain the other person's attack by using throws or other things.

Different characters build meter differently.

And there are some bottomless pits, but I think they just take away from their meter.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:25 pm

So I was right except for the healthbar thing? So it's more like DON kind of (a bit? lol) ? I don't really know, but I saw the "no health bar, special kill" thing, kind of, executed before and I don't like it except for handicap hope and kill steals. It pretty much takes off the point of specials in the first place. Well a bit. I mean specials are for special kills, not normal kills imo. Idk, there's something off. But I guess it'll last as long as I think it will. Maybe it'll last more since it's a console series, not only based on one.

For some reason, I don't think the playstation console has this game's kind of audience (as Nintendo), but you know, I'm probably wrong.

I would buy it if I had a ps3, but obviously I probably wouldn't since you know, there's other games I wouldn't have if I got a ps3.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Xbox all-star battle royal has just been revealed! and all of the characters revealed:
Master chief
some guy from gears of war
some guy from Call of Duty
and kinect avatars!
and that's it!
excitement!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:37 pm

SkrΑlem wrote:
Xbox all-star battle royal has just been revealed! and all of the characters revealed:
Master chief
some guy from gears of war
some guy from Call of Duty
and kinect avatars!
and that's it!
excitement!
Kinect animals?!?!?!!

Oh wait...

Aw.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:12 am

No sorry Microsoft released an official statement saying kinect animals have a different "intended audience" then there newly released title, and it could damage their "young demographic" by having animals fight with Master chief, their "premier mature microsoft icon"

"more official quotations"
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:01 am

What?! Microsoft, young demographic?! What?!

They have to add them, they are like, the protagonists!
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 am

So, the beta for this game came out.
I went in with sort of Low expectations.
And I came out the queen.

Seriously though, the game is waaayy better than I thought it would be.
At first, It's a bit overwhelming. Square, Triangle, and Circle are used to attack, and each one has a directional input (Like ssb) that does a different move. All can also be used in the air.
Once you learn how to play and stuff, the game gets waaayy better.
I'm thinking this is better than brawl. Maybe even Melee. But, I'll have to wait until the full game comes to decide that. Though, Melee is pretty amazing. I don't know. I'll see.

Also, PaRappa is the best.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:42 am

There's a public beta out? I'll have to check it out, now that I've got my PS3 back.

Does the beta have online?
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 am

Jefferlope wrote:
Does the beta have online?

I forgot to mention. The beta is online only.
Aside from the Offline Tutorial mode. Featuring PaRappa.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:57 pm

So I can't play it with my brother? That's lame. Is it on both Vita and PS3? Is the online cross-platform? May I can play my brother that way.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm

You can play with your brother. If on the same system, it turns to 2v2.
So you and your brother will be on teams.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Oh, nice. Can you fight friends? Or is it just random people?
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 pm

For now, just random people
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:15 pm

How much different does it play from Smash, is it technically the common move in general of "See something popular, correct it/make it better, release it" (referring to Apple, not our Apple, but the company itself)?

Idk how long to expect it's lifetime to know if I would buy it if I ever get a ps4, lol.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:20 pm

I played in the beta and its pretty good, my only problem is I think the "super"system is easy to take advantage of. for example my first online fight I had my butt handed to me all game, but since fat princess has an easy to use lvl 1 I still won. It was kind of dumb since a different guy used his lvl 2 twice and his lvl 1 twice, but i won using my lvl one three times. most importantly I think this game can't be compared to smash bro's very easily, which was superbot's (developer) most important obstacle.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:16 pm

The supers aren't that easy to take advantage of.
Depends on how or when you use it.
Take for Example, Sweet Tooth.
His level 2 is pretty bad. More likely to get 1 or no people.
His level 1 however, is better, (Still not great.) it kills 1 person, and can also take out another if he/she jumps into it, or happens to get hit into it or something.

Some people have horrible level 2's and 3's.
As for the beta, it stands like this:

Kratos - All of his supers are good. Might be best to just do levels 1 and 2. His level 3 can sometimes kill 3 people. possibly 4, or none. Takes too long to work up to though. Not worth it imo. His level 1 and 2 can kill 2-3 people each time. Also easier to work up to.

Sweet Tooth: Only use level 1. Can kill 1-3 people. Level 2 is bad. Level 3 is okay. Same as Kratos, really.

Fat Princess: Level 2 is best. Can kill 3-5 people. Level 1 is also okay. Can kill 1-3 people. Level 3 isn't worth it. Easy to avoid. Takes too long to work up to.

Sly Cooper: Level 1 is good. Same as FP. Level 2 is Good. Same as FP. Level 3 is also good. Sort of like Kratos and ST.

Radec: ALL of his supers are Viable. Same level 3 as Kratos and ST.

PaRappa: Level 2 is his best. Same as FP and Sly. Level 1 is decent. Bad range, but can kill 1-3 people. Level 3 is horrible. It kills everyone on screen. Which is the bad part. Only 2-3 kills, while the other level 3's can get above 3.

Basically, I think it's best to use mainly level 1's or 2's. Most people online don't know how what they're doing. (Ask Josh for Reference.) So a Fat Princess Using mainly level 1's and 2's can easily beat a Kratos or someone going for level 2's or 3's all the time.

This game has great potential. Of course, knowing people, It probably won't sell well because of the Roster. And the fact that they think it's a "Smash Bros. Rip off."
But it definitely deserves praise, and other good things. It's amazing.

As for Max: It plays VERY differently from Smash. The only real concept it takes from smash, is the mascot fighter aspect. and the control scheme. (Except you can't jump with up, and there are 3 "B" buttons. (Special Directional attacks for different moves.))
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 am

I've only been playing as Sly Cooper, and I'm way too bad at the game to work up to his level 3 Super. I've been sticking with level 1, since I can get a ton of uses out of it in a match, and it's pretty reliable.

I like the two stages in the demo. The Patapon part is fun. Aren't both stages part God of War, though? It's kinda strange that they chose to do that, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Well I don't know what you're referring too, but Kratos is one of the big stars on the game (The other bigger 2 are probably Sly and Sweet Tooth).

And also, nice, I guess if I ever play it, I'll compare it to a game I played that looks very similar to it (Except you can kill with normal moves, I think you can't do that on this game). Commonly a new game (mainly PS), I play it (a little) through a friend(s) on release date or whenever I see him (ex. Brawl, Infamous 2, (U)MvC3), it's weird, and this game isn't a case now for some reason, so if ever on my life I get to see/play it, I'll help you enjoy it lol. (maybe when it fully comes out, so yeah...)
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:46 am

Honestly, I think Jak and Daxter / Ratchet and Clank are bigger than Sweet Tooth.
Even Sack boy.
I may be being biased. Because I don't really like Sweet Tooth.
But, even when he was in his prime back on ps2 and stuff, I still barely knew him.
I didn't know anyone who played or knew about Twisted Metal.
And It's not because of bad character design or anything. I think it was just the way the game was played and thought out.
I've never considered Sweet Tooth a big Sony character. Easily Forgotten about, not as well known as others.

I'd say out of all the PS All-Stars Roster, Sweet Tooth would be one of the least known.
Along with Spike, Nariko, Sir Daniel, and Fat Princess. (Possibly Radec and Toro?)

Reason for God of War having two stages? No idea. But they both look great.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 am

Is Spike little known? I was always under the impression that Ape Escape was a more popular Sony title.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next