Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Ape Escape is pretty well known.
But not as much Spike. People only know the monkeys.
And most probably don't know that it was a Major Sony thing.
I've seen many comments saying that Spike is from Gamecube or Dreamcast or something.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:50 pm

DarkKirby702 wrote:
Honestly, I think Jak and Daxter / Ratchet and Clank are bigger than Sweet Tooth.
Even Sack boy.
I may be being biased. Because I don't really like Sweet Tooth.
But, even when he was in his prime back on ps2 and stuff, I still barely knew him.
I didn't know anyone who played or knew about Twisted Metal.
And It's not because of bad character design or anything. I think it was just the way the game was played and thought out.
I've never considered Sweet Tooth a big Sony character. Easily Forgotten about, not as well known as others.

I'd say out of all the PS All-Stars Roster, Sweet Tooth would be one of the least known.
Along with Spike, Nariko, Sir Daniel, and Fat Princess. (Possibly Radec and Toro?)

Reason for God of War having two stages? No idea. But they both look great.
Wait those are on the Demo? I was talking about the demo, let me read the whole post now.

EDIT: Well I didn't know Sweet Tooth a lot either (maybe a litlle, I don't really remember), but from some of the people that watched the trailer (youtube and friends) and not only the trailer, but that sony thing that showed all the Sony characters, they quickly recognized and saw Sweet Tooth, at the start, besides the obvious highlights of course)

And Spike is a regularly known character, it's not like he is obscure, and it's not like he's a highlight, a lot of people played Ape Escape, but he is out of the Modern games era, so it's not like everyone played/play Ape Escape nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Who's Sweet Tooth?
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Opening Cinematic and Rival match-up for all 20 characters.

(For those upset that there's only 20 characters, DLC characters HAVE been confirmed.)
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:09 pm

That's pretty cool. Who was the giant face at the end?
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Polygon man. He was supposed to be Sony's Mascot back in the PSX era.
Luckily, they scrapped him.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Interesting. He looks terrifying.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:27 am

He looks like the Crash Bandicoot mask. lol

Nice trailer, is there 2 Unfamous guys (the evil side and the good side are different characters?)? I forgot his name again lol.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Yeah. Evil Cole and Good Cole.
Both have completely different move sets. So, I wouldn't consider them clones.
It's more of a Zelda/Sheik thing.

Superbot was going to make it so certain moves influenced your Karma during battle, then eventually you'll turn into either Good Cole or Evil Cole, But Sucker Punch wanted two characters in order to fully represent his character.
I think it's better with two slots, honestly.
Either way, the same amount of work would've been put into making Cole what he was going to be.
So we'd still have 19 character slots, rather than 20.
19 is an odd number. and I don't like odd numbers.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 pm

I like 29, and the other idea seems more interesting, but true.

It's like Dr. Mario and Mario, except not really since it's the same moveset. But it was better separate, I guess.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 am

I should also mention that Each character has a few color swaps, (Like SSB.) And also Alternate outfits. (1 dlc, 1 unlockable. Possibly more dlc later on.)

The alternate outfits also have different colors.
Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2