Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!

Go down 
+3
Jefferlope
Tetris
CoolGreenApple
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:00 pm

Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! Dfort111

I am playing Dwarf Fortress and I thought it would be fun to put you guys into the game. If you haven't heard of Dwarf Fortress, it's the game that inspired Minecraft. You run a colony of dwarves. That's about it. It's good fun. I was going to say something else but I forgot.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:19 pm

LOL NEVER MIND. Let me tell you the story of The Exalted Ship.

The seven companions, CoolGreenApple, Sneasel, DarkKirby, SupaKirb, Jefferlope, MaxMatsu, and Jaco arrived in the small mountain area Zasiteggut, or "Knifegully" in human tongue, in the early spring of the year 1051. The Dwarf SupaKirb was appointed to the position of expedition leader and the dwarves got to work.

At first things were great. Wood was plentiful, stone was easy to access, some decent gems were found, wealth was earned through stone instrument making, etc. They even had some new arrivals to their colony. But the group suffered a terrible loss in the autumn of 1051 when the great leader SupaKirb was ripped in half by a creature called a draltha (GUESS WHERE THAT CAME FROM [hint: there is a picture in the above post]). He received an extravagant burial with an awe inspiring tomb, filled with engravings of masterwork quality. Jaco was appointed the new expedition leader, and a slow but sure absolute death was assured.

The next blow to the colony happened in the early spring of 1052. The loved and cherished sheriff, CoolGreenApple was suffocated by a giant cave spider (AGAIN FROM THE CAVERN I FOUND). He received a tomb similar in quality to that of SupaKirb's. Jaco was upset by this death, was CoolGreenApple was very dear to her...

For a while after this, times were fine. MaxMatsu took up CoolGreenApple's mining duties. DarkKirby was appointed sheriff (the greatest mistake in history) and Jefferlope (the Spread Twist-Misery, as she came to be called) was becoming an exceptional axe wielder, having plenty of zombie rabbits and zombie wolves to fight. She even felled a great troll called Crescentcleave, though not before one of the settlers, Oddom Shimmerwhip was killed by the beast.

Great crafts were made by the dwarves. They set their stone crowns and instruments and rings in onyx and yellow spessartine to trade with the passing merchants. This earned them a great reputation back at the Mountainhomes.

But this peace would not last. With more immigrants in Knifegully, there came lawbreakers. No matter how minor the crime, the sheriff, DarkKirby, believed they should be whipped. With a pickaxe. by this time, DarkKirby had become a legendary miner. His strength had no bounds. He killed a total of 9 dwarves. One of them was DarkKirby's dear friend, Sneasel, the woodcutter. The burial of Sneasel was the last thing the colony could manage to do.

All the dwarves were upset because all of their friends were dying. They refused to work. They threw things. They even killed each other. MaxMatsu was among the people murdered. All this finally made Jefferlope, the great axe wielder, snap. She was completely out of control. She managed to kill 8 people, including Jaco, the expedition leader. Finally, she was put down by her military friend, Aban Buriedsacks, in the late winter of 1052. None of the dead could be given a proper burial.

DarkKirby was still thirsty for blood. He killed several more "lawbreakers." He even struck down the devout protector of the land, Aban Buriedsacks, in their time of need...

Goblins ambushed the dwarves of Knifegully. This would be The Exalted Ship's final stand.

The dwarves attempted the resist the 6 or so goblins, but the untrained fighters stood no chance against the evil without Jefferlope or Aban Buriedsacks. In his rage, DarkKirby managed to strike down a single goblin, Bosa Foolknightmare, but was then killed by Estrur Bowprofane the Glacial Universe of Phrases, another goblin.

After the Death of DarkKirby, there was no hope. One by one, the remaining few were slaughtered by the goblins. Dwarven corpses littered the fortress. By the Spring of 1053, it was all over. Every last dwarf of The Exalted Ship had been annihilated. No one was spared. Not even the children. Their story remaind engraved in the great tombs of CoolGreenApple and SupaKirb, as well as in the great meeting hall carved by DarkKirby and MaxMatsu. The death of The Exalted Ship of Knifegully had been quick, but it was far from painless.

tl;dr version: We were killed by goblins because Dark killed a bunch of people and made Jeff unhappy who then killed a bunch of people too and then she was killed and then Dark killed our only other military dwarf and the goblins got us all.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:45 pm

At least you didn't mine into heck.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:06 pm

I tried to, but Dark wouldn't listen to me. He stopped mining because of a teeny tiny flood from a teeny tiny river.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:47 pm

The Exalted Ship may have died, but their legend will live on!!!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Wild Smiley Fainted

All of that happened while you played?
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:57 pm

My name shall be spelled out by the stars and planets in the galaxy.
Oh, and maybe some of yours.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:40 am

Hahaha! I should do this again sometime soon. Though it would probably end in the same way.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:27 am

I'd love to see that.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:16 am

I'd love to see that too, stream it.
Back to top Go down
SomebodyUDon'tKnow

SomebodyUDon'tKnow

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 am

... Sad
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Yeah good idea! I'll stream it on Saturday or Friday maybe. I've been pretty busy talking to a cute girl on the phone though.

And SUDK, I'll put you in this one!
Back to top Go down
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Can I be in it also? ;D
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:55 am

CoolGreenApple wrote:
Yeah good idea! I'll stream it on Saturday or Friday maybe. I've been pretty busy talking to a cute girl on the phone though.

And SUDK, I'll put you in this one!
Wait, we've been on the phone all day...
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Everyone can be in it! You all should tell me if you have a preference for jobs/skills http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Skill
I start with 7 dwarves, so you might not show up until I get some immigrants.

And I know, Max c;
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, Jefferlope is obviously the best Archer.

If not, I think he/she would make quite the comedian.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Hahaha! We'll see about that. I think I'll start tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
SomebodyUDon'tKnow

SomebodyUDon'tKnow

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:44 pm

I have no job/skill preference.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Groovy. I will start today. I must make a topic in the streams section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!   Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dwarf Fortress, featuring a bunch of you guys!
Page 1 of 1