Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Kirby Games That Didn't Make It

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

Kirby Games That Didn't Make It Empty
PostSubject: Kirby Games That Didn't Make It   Kirby Games That Didn't Make It EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:42 am

In the newest Iwata Asks, Kirby producer Shigefumi Kawase revealed three Kirby games that never saw the light of day.

Kirby Games That Didn't Make It 1_1319679620

The first one is one that most of us know about. This was going to be a four-player coop adventure. It was originally planned for a GameCube release shortly after Kirby's Air Ride in 2003, but ended up being tossed away because of "how difficult it is to make a game that is both multi-player and single-player".

Kirby Games That Didn't Make It 2_1319679629

The next one was going to be a 3D open-world game that was going to have "extremely challenging gameplay". According to Kawase, it was scrapped because "we weren't able to achieve the quality we hoped for and it never reached completion".

Kirby Games That Didn't Make It 3_1319679637

The third games was a side-scrolling platformer made to look "sort of like a pop-up book", and was going to feature Copy Abilities, just like previous Kirby games.

All of these games were developed over the past eleven years, but were abandoned in the end in favor of Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

See the full interview here: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/kirby-dream-land/0/0
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Games That Didn't Make It   Kirby Games That Didn't Make It EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:31 am

I would have bought the open world 3D one in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Games That Didn't Make It   Kirby Games That Didn't Make It EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 am

Tetris wrote:
I would have bought the open world 3D one in a heartbeat.
I thought the same thing when I found out about it. Maybe HAL Laboratory will go back to that idea someday.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Games That Didn't Make It   Kirby Games That Didn't Make It EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:16 pm

I hope so. I've only played Kirby's Mirror thing quest whatever it is but I'd love to play a game like that.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Games That Didn't Make It   Kirby Games That Didn't Make It EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Would have bough all but the last one maybe.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Games That Didn't Make It   Kirby Games That Didn't Make It EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:44 pm

MaxMatsu wrote:
Would have bough all but the last one maybe.
The last one reminds me of Yoshi's Story. =D
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Games That Didn't Make It   Kirby Games That Didn't Make It EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 am

reminds me of kirby. Loololol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Games That Didn't Make It   Kirby Games That Didn't Make It Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby Games That Didn't Make It
Page 1 of 1