Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.
 
HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Anticlimatic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

avatar

Posts : 2631
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 24
Location : On your computer screen.

PostSubject: Anticlimatic   Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:57 pm



The story of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons goes something like this. Onox kidnaps the Oracle of Seasons, throwing the seasons of Holodrum into chaos. Link responds by finding the Rod of Seasons and... throwing the seasons into chaos some more. Good job Link, you're a real hero.

This is the first time I've actually put any effort into making a comic, and I'm super happy with how it came out. Link's face, guys.

While we're on the topic, if you have a 3DS and haven't played Oracle of Seasons (and Ages), you no longer have an excuse not to. They are both on the 3DS eShop for $5 a piece until June 20th. Seriously, these games are fantastic. Go fill that void in your life right now.

This comic is full of random references to things throughout Oracle of Seasons. CAN YOU SPOT THEM ALL?

_________________

Wisdom


Last edited by Judge Jefferlope on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:11 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YouOnlySueOnce

avatar

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Anticlimatic   Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Why are there so many clocks on the left corners? Is that supposed to tell time? Why does the second clock have a shoe on it? Is that a reference to Zelda or Animal Crossing?

Also I'll guess the references. The crops are on a part of the game where that NPC is. The girl dieing is actually Marge Simpson and Luigi's daughter, which also happens in the game as a quest. The red and green clock are the same because they do nothing different. Link actually dances on that stump, with the rod, in a part of the game. The characters' dialogue is actually all taken from the games. Link cut all the bush things from the grass and got all the rupees already, seeing there is nothing to cut on the backgrounds, except the boy, which obviously was eaten by the plant earlier on in the game. Both characters are actually in that position in the game. The seasons clocks were changed twice throughout the dialogue (this is actually true). And this last one I'm not so sure, but the stump might be from the deku tree.

Did I get'em all? I'm a reference trainer.

Lol real talk, it's really good, congrats. Of course, I think you told us the irony of this already in one of the streams since this seems like a familiar idea already (that I remember from you). Just don't erase this in 1 year like you've with all your work, k? I really like how you did the guy on the right (my right?), him and luigi. Maybe you can reduce the number of fingers to your liking if you're having a hard time drawing all 5 fingers. Realistic cartoonish approach ftw? lol

_________________

GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Stamp Collection.v

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

avatar

Posts : 2631
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 24
Location : On your computer screen.

PostSubject: Re: Anticlimatic   Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:29 pm

YouOnlySueOnce wrote:
Why are there so many clocks on the left corners? Is that supposed to tell time? Why does the second clock have a shoe on it? Is that a reference to Zelda or Animal Crossing?
This symbols in Oracle of Seasons tell you what season it is.

YouOnlySueOnce wrote:
Also I'll guess the references. The crops are on a part of the game where that NPC is. The girl dieing is actually Marge Simpson and Luigi's daughter, which also happens in the game as a quest. The red and green clock are the same because they do nothing different. Link actually dances on that stump, with the rod, in a part of the game. The characters' dialogue is actually all taken from the games. Link cut all the bush things from the grass and got all the rupees already, seeing there is nothing to cut on the backgrounds, except the boy, which obviously was eaten by the plant earlier on in the game. Both characters are actually in that position in the game. The seasons clocks were changed twice throughout the dialogue (this is actually true). And this last one I'm not so sure, but the stump might be from the deku tree.

Did I get'em all? I'm a reference trainer.
The thing about the crops is correct.
The thing about Marge Simpson and Luigi (aka Bipin and Blossom) is /almost/ correct; it's actually their son, not their daughter. I did a bad job drawing it.
Summer and Spring /are/ pretty similar.
Link does use the rod on the stumps in the game. Good job.
The dialogue is far from what they talk about in the games.
It would have been far too much unnecessary detail to draw in those bushes.
I should have drawn the boy in the other panels too. In the game, he just stands there unless it's Springtime.
In the game, the left guy is in the woods, and the right guy is in his house. So, no.
The seasons were actually changed four times during the dialogue. Maybe I did a bad job showing that.
The stump isn't a specific stump. They're in random places all throughout the game. So, no.

YouOnlySueOnce wrote:
Lol real talk, it's really good, congrats. Of course, I think you told us the irony of this already in one of the streams since this seems like a familiar idea already (that I remember from you). Just don't erase this in 1 year like you've with all your work, k? I really like how you did the guy on the right (my right?), him and luigi. Maybe you can reduce the number of fingers to your liking if you're having a hard time drawing all 5 fingers. Realistic cartoonish approach ftw? lol
Thank you! I'm glad you like it.
Yeah, I probably mentioned it before. I've had this job floating around in my head for a while now.
I haven't erased any of my work! I only unlisted my YouTube videos. They're still up, though. And besides, I'm actually happy with this!
I love how Bipin (Luigi) turned out. It's so simple, but look at all that emotion in that little drawing! Poor guy. The guy on the right turned out okay too, though he was supposed to be a bit fatter. Old man on left is lame. And yeah, I had a lot of trouble trying to get the guy's hand to look right, and in the end it just looks weird and out of place with the rest of the comic.

Thanks for the comments!

_________________

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolGreenApple

avatar

Posts : 1049
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 22
Location : Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anticlimatic   Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:11 am

Beautiful! You're making me look bad!

_________________

Power


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

avatar

Posts : 2631
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 24
Location : On your computer screen.

PostSubject: Re: Anticlimatic   Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 am

CoolGreenApple wrote:
Beautiful! You're making me look bad!
All according to plan. B)

_________________

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jefferlope

avatar

Posts : 2631
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 24
Location : On your computer screen.

PostSubject: Re: Anticlimatic   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:20 am

Drew a new comic, y'all. I also put together a small Smack Jeeves website to host my comics. It allows me to add hover-text blurps! http://jefferlope.smackjeeves.com/




_________________

Wisdom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anticlimatic   

Back to top Go down
 
Anticlimatic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Media :: Art-
Jump to: