Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Spirit of the Mist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

Spirit of the Mist Empty
PostSubject: Spirit of the Mist   Spirit of the Mist EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:25 am

Because I like writing stories as well as Jaco! (and this place needs more then one topic XD)

I got inspiration for this story when I was on my biking big trip at camp last summer. I wasn't having the best morning and I wound up riding down a gravely road right next to a cliff that droped down to the Puget sound. (I was on Lopez Island btw) It was a pretty foggy morning and I was thinking about the story for the rest of the day while I biked across the Island.

This takes place in a fantasy world of my own creation where most inanimate objects can talk and the continent is surrounded by a fog that is known for taking peoples lives. Those that go in don't come back out again.

Hope you enjoy!

Prologue
A new customer had come to request Delilah Cousteau's services. This wasn't too different it happened sometimes, though, most people that had heard of her had already contacted her in some way. None the less she had no clue what would result from this meeting.
"Hello, what would you like 'liberated' today?" She chimed, crossing her legs and leaning back on her arms. The man was an average height, maybe a little shorter, and he looked like he came in right of the street with raggedy clothes and a brown beat up trench coat. Sadly most of her clients had that look and smell even, while she dressed up decently. Don't get her wrong she didn't wear fancy Victorian dresses or anything but she wore new, clean, expensive jeans, a nice shirt and a professional trench coat.
"I've come to make a very special request." He wore a stupid smirk on his face like he was planning some evil scheme of tricking the young girl. Delilah also wondered how special his request could really be. The things that she stole were often precious artifacts or jewels that were counted as 'special'. How much more special could this object be. Then he said something that had her sitting there for a second contemplating just exactly how she should react.
"I want you to get me The Declaration of Independence." At first she thought she didn't want to insult the man's intelligence by laughing but then another second later she decided she didn't give a s***. The room lit up with the echoing of her laughter. Her assistant Daniel waved her hand up gently, a sign for the guards hidden around the perimeter to close in and be on alert. Sometimes people would go and say something idiotic like this as a distraction and then have assassins take the target out. She wasn't about to have that happen to Delilah.
"The Declaration of Independence are you kidding me!" Delilah giggled. This however pushed her into another fit of laughing. Finally, once she was sure that she was done laughing she made a clearer statement.
"That only exists in fairy-tales and old proverbs how do you expect me to get it for you?" She scoffed at him.
"Do you know about the governments studies on the mist?"
"Sure, but what does that have to do with The Declaration of Independence?"
"Clearly you don't know about their results. It's said that you can travel in between different dimensions through the mist. It's also rumored that they have contacts with other worlds."darn, that smirk that was growing on his face just kept getting bigger and bigger it was really starting to piss her off.
"How do you know about all this?" She glared at the guy, how irritating.
"Your parents did research on it, Delilah." This practically paralyzed her for a few seconds. How did this old dude know about her parents? They were killed by the government when she was around 3! She had made sure that no one would know about it except for Daniel!
"How do you know about them!" This was blurted out as more of a panicked yell than a questions.
The man's smirk only grew more at this to the point where Delilah thought humanly possible. She glanced over to where Daniel stood, or rather where she 'was' standing. A second she realized that Daniel was leaving the room to go get some guards in this room. This guy was starting to become what was considered a threat. A few seconds later she came back with a serious look on her face. Daniel was often not like this but when she was she meant business.
"I knew them before you were born, I helped them with their research on the mist. The government found out about that and ended up killing them. They gave me the key to their notes but it will only tell you where the notes are stored." He took out an old key that looked like it was brass but it was dirty and tarnished. Delilah almost didn't want to touch it, she had no clue where it had been. Daniel took it for her though and cleaned it off a bit then handed it to Delilah.
"You can go and check the place if you want to prove that I'm telling the truth. In the mean time I can provide you with someone that is able to navigate the mist."
"We are going to have to take you into custody until you are proven to be telling the truth you realize?" Daniel glared right through the man's soul and his smirk wavered and fell.
"Fine, but you must allow me to contact my associate once you've got the evidence you need." It was obvious that he didn't want to be taken into custody but he had no choice at this point with all the guards standing around him, Delilah, and the perimeter of the building. The guards shoved him into the right direction.
Delilah had listened to the keys instructions and on the way to the location took time to look it over. It definitely seemed genuine but they were about to find out soon enough anyways.
They wound up at some strange warehouse out in the middle of nowhere. The key had instructed her through the warehouse down into a basement. The floor was dirt but after digging down a few feet in the area specified by the key there was a trap door with a heavy lock. She stuck the key in and opened the hatch. The guards there with her showed their lights down into the pitch black pit. There was a small drop to the floor.
Dropping down into the pit with a flashlight she came upon a good sized chest. The chest had a lock on it but the key worked for it fine. Opening the chest she found tons of old notes. She picked up some of the pages and read through them. The contents of the notes was of things she never would have even considered. It was just as the old man had said! You could travel to different dimensions and the proof was right there! For a second she stood there, wondering what to do. She didn't want the government getting their hands on these notes so she couldn't take them out and bring them to her hideout. These notes would take days to sort and read through and if the government found out about her constant visits to this place they would check things out for themselves and that wouldn't be any good.
She put the notes back into the chest and locked it up. The decision would have to come later, she needed to discuss this with Daniel and see what she had to say about it, she 'was' her advisor.
Back at the hideout she had discussed with Daniel what the best course of action would be with the notes. They had decided on setting full days away to read them. If whole days were dedicated to it, it would only take about 3-5 days.
After all the planning had taken place she had a schedule that allowed for her to read all the notes before she left with the man's guide to get The Declaration of Independence. Hopefully this would all work out but she had a creeping feeling, as she fished through the notes of her parents, that she was in for more than she was bargaining for.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

Spirit of the Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Mist   Spirit of the Mist EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:54 am

Reminds me of the time when Me and my Family were driving up the mountains to camp, at 10 pm. It was pitch black, and we could only see like a few feet ahead of us. Luckily there was a Full moon out that night, So it wasn't TOO dark.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

Spirit of the Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Mist   Spirit of the Mist EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:30 am

@Neko
Great job! It's about time we have more content in the writing sections. Smile

@Dark
I bet those creepers were a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spirit of the Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Mist   Spirit of the Mist Empty

Back to top Go down

Spirit of the Mist
Page 1 of 1