Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? Empty
PostSubject: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 am

I was watching the 30 minute 3DS video from the nintendo channel on my wii you see. I tried skipping to something interesting, so I pressed B, dragged the white dot then....... nothing. I'm assuming it froze, or maybe the video wad just loading I don't know, either way I first tried the Home button with absolutly no response. I waited a bit. I then tried the Wii remotes power button, nothing happened. I didn't know what to do so I managed to get off the couch (wireless game controllers, you gotta love 'em) and tried the reset button. After that aslo failed I pressed the wii's power button and still nothing happened. I waited for about another 3 minutes to see if some thing would happen. Thus got boring so I resorted to the last idea I had left, flipping the power bar the wii used off for a split second then flick it on again. I still consider this the dumbest move I have ever made because the Wii no longer turns on. The little light by the Wii's power button isn't even Red. WHAT DO I DO? any ideas will be appreciated and I think I should tell I tried unplugging then plugging all the cords connected to it. I WANT TO FINISH EPIC YARN I WAS SO FAR Angry
Back to top Go down
Tiyou5

Tiyou5

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am

That's kinda wierd, I have a similar problem with my wii... only it just kinda dies instead of freezing. :T I suggest that you wait a while, then try flipping its power source off then on again and it may or may not work again (works with mine at least;; ). If it actually works but then freezes again check to see if it's overly hot or something, that may be the cause of it as it was for mine. If that is the case I'm really not sure how to fix it other then putting an ice pack on it or something;; (I'm just gonna get a new one at this point)

I hope that it goes back to working and doesn't end of having issues as bad as mine! And I hope that it at least will help in diagnosing the issue!
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:09 am

O_o
That's terrible! Is the Wii still under warranty? Maybe you can send it in to Nintendo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:15 pm

What does "flipping the power bar" mean? My Wii has froze a few times, sometimes making a buzzing noise. And the thing you need to do if it is unresponsive, is to simply unplug the system.( You should never wait this long to turn off a frozen system.) I know that doesn't sound good, but there is really nothing you can do if it's frozen. You should probably send this into Nintendo so they can have a look, I don't know how much they charge however. Or, you can simply just let the Wii rest for a few days, hoping the problem fixes itself.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:23 pm

For Supa, a power bar allows multiple electronis devices to use the same outlet, which is handy when you have a DVD/VCR, blueray/surround sound , wii and PS3. Flipping the switch on it disallows any power to ll of the things connected to it. Also, once before when playing Toy Story 3(It wasn't my idea to buy that game at all) the "world" I entered never loaded. The loading screen was there like now, but nothing happened, and then it worked just turn off the wii. Thats why I didn't know what to do here.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 pm

When My ps3 freezes I don't Flip off the power switch. Usually the ps3 is nice to me, and it doesn't Freeze when I try to turn it off the normal way of using the touch sense thingy. Neither of the Two wii's at my house have "Froze" Before, So I am of No help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:12 pm

$krAlem wrote:
For Supa, a power bar allows multiple electronis devices to use the same outlet, which is handy when you have a DVD/VCR, blueray/surround sound , wii and PS3. Flipping the switch on it disallows any power to ll of the things connected to it. Also, once before when playing Toy Story 3(It wasn't my idea to buy that game at all) the "world" I entered never loaded. The loading screen was there like now, but nothing happened, and then it worked just turn off the wii. Thats why I didn't know what to do here.

Ohhhh Ok, Gotcha, I have that for my PC. You should not do that then... lol. This seems like something that is fixable, its just something that needs a professional to look at. The way you turned off the system just wasn't correct, but it's not like you should blame yourself either, it shouldn't freeze to begin with.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 pm

NOTHING ELSE WORKED!?! MY ONLY OTHER OPTION WAS UNPLUGGING IT AND THE POWER BAR THING WAS WAAAAAY FASTER Angry
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Have you tried to move the plug into another spot? I haven't really received any freezing on my wii, but maybe it isn't giving any charge or something.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 2:13 am

I'll try that max thx, it might work every time I have replugged it I hear quick almost click noise as if it isn't getting enough power.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Thought I should tell you guys Max's idea worked! I don't have to replay the games I didn't back up on a SD card! Can´t Wait!/Yaaaaay HAAAI
Gift/Present for max
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?   Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable? Empty

Back to top Go down

Uhhhh... Is my wii fixable?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Community :: General Discussion :: Questions-
Jump to: