Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Name change suggestion.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

Name change suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:34 pm

I have a suggestion that we change Super Marathon Brothers, Into:

SUPER POKEMON BROTHERS!

Seems fitting if you ask me.

Or maybe:

SUPER NINTENDO BROTHERS!

Whaddya guys think?

I think it's Spot on.

(This topic is to show that we have too many topics about Pokemon and Nintendo. We need less of that, More Variety, Games, and Less Spam topics.
Even though I just contributed to the spam topics.)
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:59 am

Since you are the one who wants variety why don't you make the topics? I'm sticking with Pokemon and Nintendo either way.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:01 am

You don´t have to wait for someone else to make a topic...

Or you can bring people in, attracting them with some kind of magic.

Last edited by MaxMatsu on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:49 am

Exactly.
The two kids above me summed it up nicely.

Since Pokémon has just came out, you will either just have to deal with the onslaught of Pokémon threads or try to start your own fad. After all, you DID say at one point that you are a threadmaker rather than a poster.

Kinda like how you talk about nothing but MvC3 in BrawlRoom, and people like me are left out of the discussion.
I think this gives people who don't own the game a taste of what that feels like.

And Nintendo IS the only thing we can base this on, really.
As the only games we are allowed to bring up are rated E.
Which pretty much destroys the discussion of any games on the PS3 or Xbox.

I think we are fine. In fact, I think we improved with this Pokémon thing.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Jaco wrote:
And Nintendo IS the only thing we can base this on, really.
As the only games we are allowed to bring up are rated E.
Which pretty much destroys the discussion of any games on the PS3 or Xbox.
Umm.. you can talk about other games without breaking rules..

Dark, that's how forums work. When there's a new big thing, that's what people are going to talk about. Eventually Pokemon will pass and there will be some other big thing. It's an endless cycle.
As for Nintendo, being a Nintendo fanboy, I'll naturally talk about Nintendo. That doesn't stop you about talking about anything else. It's the members of the forum that choos what we talk about, so that means there's nothing wrong with talking about Pokemon, it's obviously what everyone wants to talk about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:22 pm

I will make as many Pokemon and Nintendo threads as I darn well choose.... I will not be silenced!
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Well the thing is, All the pokemon topics is what made CGA stop coming.
I don't think he's coming back until we ease up.

and yes, Even though Pokemon IS the new thing, That would mean that anything popular should get about 100 topics a day.
I would've done that with a few of the new games that came out, but i have no one to relate to.
Only Josh and Sneasel.
One left and the other is barely Active.

It's just REALLY annoying to see at least like 5 topics about pokemon everyday.
Nintendo I can deal with, Even though we CAN talk about other companies.

I am also tired of seeing like 3 new spam topics like twice a day.

That being said, I'm gonna leave these forums for a while.
At least until the Pokemon Hype dies.
Before you guys say anything, I want you to put yourself in my shoes.

Think about being on an ossum forum since the beginning, New topics and variety everyday.
Then one day, Everything changes, and everyone starts to talk about something you don't like, or don't want to participate in.
Now these topics are getting bigger and bigger everyday.
The only choices are, To take a break from the forum, or to participate and probably get Ridiculed by the people who actually KNOW more about that thing.

I really don't know if it's just me, But I prefer the first option in a situation like this.

Also, Jeff said that this is what a forum is about.
Not really. There is almost always gonna be a different Topic or subject that other people can talk about.
In this case, I have no one.
I also can't make a topic about what I want, Because as you can see from some of my old ones, They get no responses, Which boggles my mind seeing how some of the topics that are mostly like something you can't respond to or something that only needs one response gets like ten posts.

Not trying to be a baby or a Drama Queen or anything, But I don't know. I just feel left out.
And To be honest, I'm tired of Pokemon B/W already.
And i only beat two gyms.

Now that that's said, I'm gonna go to sleep and play MVC3 and Dissidia until May.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:31 pm

'K.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:32 pm

*Nah nvm, not worth it.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:15 pm

I suggest that a Nintendo and a PS section be made to make it easier for Darkk and other Ps3 (and the occasional 360) fans can find topics they'll like faster, and so it can be more acceptable for not rated E games to be talked about in a different place then games like pokemon and mario
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:17 pm

I have been left out in forums thousands of times.

Actually, in a way, I'm left out of Black and White.

EDIT: Skralem, while that might be ok, I'm pretty sure there won't be a difference as they can still see the Nintendo section is still getting posts.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:32 am

Has Dark ever explained his early return from his "break"? Because I don't recall it being May.
Not that I'm wanting him to leave. It's just that when I see someone say "I'm gone till May", I expect them to be, well, gone till May.
What happened?
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:16 am

Didn't say I was leaving until May,
I Said I was leaving until the Pokemon posts and topics lightened up.
Jeff informed me that they did, So I came back.

The Until May thing, Was saying that the Main things I'm going to do is play Dissidia and Mvc3 until May.

I just sleep whenever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name change suggestion.   Name change suggestion. Empty

Back to top Go down

Name change suggestion.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Marathon Brothers! :: Other :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: