Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Super Smash early predictions

Go down 
+3
CoolGreenApple
YouOnlySueOnce
SkrΑlem
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

Super Smash early predictions Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:49 pm

A new Super Smash game is supposed to be coming out for the 3DS and WiiU, but it's still unclear what there connection will be. Either way I'm making some predictions for stuff like the roster, and whoever else wants to then go ahead.
Somewhat more probable predictions
1. Lucario out, Zoroark in. Simple, lucario got a movie but now he's old and now Zoroark has a movie and he's new. personally I want a playable snivy and excadrill but I don't know how likely that'll be (especially excadrill)
2. Pit+ some new guy from pits game will be on the roster. the same guy who makes SS made 3DS kid Icarus so why wouldn't he show off one of his own characters.
3.Ike out, some other Fire Emblem dude in. I liked Roy, I liked Ike even more and now heres to hoping I'll like the new guy even more. For a personal opinion, I hope its the Mercenary Ogma from the DS Fire Emblem: the Shadow Dragon
4. Mega Man. he was born on the NES, how can he not be a playable character other then Capcom not letting him become one
5. Either Tails or Knuckles added (hopefully not both). Of the Sega animal thingies AiAi is my favourite, of the Sonic Animal thingies Knuckles is my favourite. i already dislike sonic so throwing in his sidekick wouldn't impress me, but I think the odds of either knuckles or tails being added are pretty even. what scares me is if theres all three (or *sob* even more) I DON'T WANT SEGA CHARACTERS OVERRULING MY NINTENDO GAME
6. baby or mini mario. this one's pushing it a little, but the 3DS seems to have mini (half-size) mario, and the mine variety is in a decent amount of games too.
7.more/better semi-neutral and neutral stages. kinda personal, but I swear i only brawl on Final Destination, occasionally battlefield, bridge of Eldin, Smashville, some basic custom stages and when I feel a little whimsical I play on Pictochat and pokemon Stadiums 1&2

personal Ridiculous predictions
1. Animal Crossing boy as playable character, a shovel an axe, a sling shot, a fishing rod, a bug net, a bubble wang, an umbrella, horns, and mr. Resseti. possibilities are endless
2. Excadrill as playable character. This would be like me asking for Gengar or typhlosion or Scizor. Its not going to happen
3. some Dk64 character being playable. Tiny, Chunky, Lanky, I don't care which one. One prob though (darn you rare, darn you)
4. More then one kirby. he has so many powers available, why be limited to one character? kirby64 Firesword Anyone? Kirby SS jetkick(could be like luigi and pikachus side B) or a chargable attack like plasma. I WANT MORE KIRBY

Ok, prediction time
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:10 pm

We're probably gonna see ridley or some Metroid character.

Sonic was in because of a poll I think that they made to ask who they wanted in the next smash bros., and ridley was one of the most requested. Also Snake was in because of request of the creators, so it's still in doubt if any other characters, besides sonic (if he stays) and snake, will get in that are third-party.

Also maybe they meant Super Smash Bros 3DS lololololol.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:53 am

If they bring in Lucius or Wil from FE7, I will be the happiest man alive. I doubt that will ever happen, though.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:24 am

I'm still waiting for Paper Mario.. but I know that's stretching it. =P
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Ridley had better not get in.
I have more characters that I DON'T want to see than characters I DO want to see.

Like Geno. I never wanted Geno in SSB.

I think Simon Belmont would be cool to have, though.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:51 pm

If only Banjo-Kazooie wasn't moved to Xbox. They would have been amazing to see in SSB.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Characters that are probably going to get in (If the roster doesn't cut more important characters):

Krystal
Lyn
K. Rool
Wario Character
F-Zero Character
Metroid Character (Probably ridley or that guy in Other M)
Earthbound/Mother Character
Yoshi Character

"3rd party":

If we get to see Geno, we might see either him and another character or just him or the other character, which includes FF and KH. (Cloud, Sora or a FF Character (Black Mage, White Mage, Ninja, etc... (Mario Hoops))
Maybe we get to see Bomberman (Hudson? Mario Party?)
Megaman has nothing related to Mario or nintendo but the console, but we might see him if popular request is demanded, Nintendo feels like it and/or Capcom requests.

Characters that have the highest chance of leaving or a moveset change (Probably they are staying though):

ROB
Wolf
Lucas
Olimar
Lucario
Ganon (Change moves and place Black Shadow to be the new bottom tier list (have ganon's moves lolololol))

Chances of me getting this anyway:
10%
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Scratch that Capcom thing.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174797p1.html

Though maybe they decide Ryu instead, so who knows. (Also Pac-Man could come in)

And some information about the 3ds release that I'm in doubt on how it will turn out in the end:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html

This though might still keep or reduce to 9% chance of me getting this. I'm probably gonna play it though. That's because I'm not getting the WiiU, I'm probably getting the ps4 or new Xbox unless the games in this console really stand out a lot (Like there needs to be atleast 10 or something after the release too, I don't want to be in another Brawl case and lose all the fun in other consoles). I mean the graphics look great, but we just saw a cutscene, and everyone knows cutscenes can contain higher graphics than gameplay (Other M is a big example for Nintendo), also we didn't see anything like water and those things (filters?) that make the game look better but need some space in graphics (Like the lightning).

And I'm not a graphic nitpicker, but good developers of games are, and that's why games keep coming out only for ps3 and xbox360.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 pm

MaxMatsu wrote:
Scratch that Capcom thing.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174797p1.html

Though maybe they decide Ryu instead, so who knows. (Also Pac-Man could come in)

And some information about the 3ds release that I'm in doubt on how it will turn out in the end:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html

This though might still keep or reduce to 9% chance of me getting this. I'm probably gonna play it though. That's because I'm not getting the WiiU, I'm probably getting the ps4 or new Xbox unless the games in this console really stand out a lot (Like there needs to be atleast 10 or something after the release too, I don't want to be in another Brawl case and lose all the fun in other consoles). I mean the graphics look great, but we just saw a cutscene, and everyone knows cutscenes can contain higher graphics than gameplay (Other M is a big example for Nintendo), also we didn't see anything like water and those things (filters?) that make the game look better but need some space in graphics (Like the lightning).

And I'm not a graphic nitpicker, but good developers of games are, and that's why games keep coming out only for ps3 and xbox360.
Actually, we did see water and and those things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYbng0gKxAo

But yea, I agree that I will need to see more before I decide whether or not to purchase a WiiU.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:14 am

I mainly meant outside cutscenes (the bird looks kinda weird at the start), but I almsot forgot about the fishes lol.

But yeah, we all know Nintendo was always graphic ready for it's own main franchises (toony), and since they knew the limit, I'm pretty sure they made sure in Zelda TP adn Brawl to see the limit and make it look as good as it is possible, and that's probably why they are changing the style, because they want to make it look different, alive and new.
But the question really is if it's ready for other good looking games and franchises and not get excluded a lot any more from good lookin' games.

Anyways yeah, ssb4 lol.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:42 am

"Some, like Meta Knight, seem incredibly overpowered compared to others. Sakurai noted in his discussion with Iwata that in the past he has done all of the balancing personally."

LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:39 pm

I do not want to see any Capcom Characters in ssb.
Unless it's a Megaman representation
Back to top Go down
grandy song1

grandy song1

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:47 pm

I hope they add Roy I liked him better than ike and Ike sucks cause all his good moves were so slow ( Pro SSBB player would laugh at the mention of his name =P)
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Roy IS way better.
He needs to get a new moveset, though.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Fire Emblem probably has the most character options. They could take almost anyone and make it work, I think I'd actually be disappointed with a Fire Emblem character (other then marth) returning with it being a good option to keep the roster fresh. Heck, give me 3 fire emblem people as long as Krystal doesn't get in, worst Nintendo character ever. Then again an easy story mode cut scene would be having fox and krystal flirting, wouldn't be the first time.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:32 am

Well Fox was on the N64 one so...

Also, if they add one, it's probably Lyn, not Roy by any chance (Marth had a lot of roy's moves iirc (Only the NSpecial was from him I think, current Brawl side smash), calling roy back would cause some difficulties here and there)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash early predictions   Super Smash early predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash early predictions
Page 1 of 1