Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run

Go down 
+5
Savage Tyrant
Jaco
YouOnlySueOnce
lilbrokk
Jefferlope
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Today, I am starting a Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Gold Version. What's a Nuzlocke run, you ask? Well, it's just like playing through a Pokemon game normally, but with some rules:
1. If a Pokemon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
2. You can ONLY catch the first Pokemon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area (You get the idea). If you defeat the first pokemon you see, too bad, you get nothing from this area.
3. Obviously if you run out of Pokemon, you must start again. If you have any Pokemon in your box, you can continue. Otherwise, Game Over.

So here's how I'm starting off:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run GS_GoldTrainer Name: Jeffer

Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_155Knuckles the Cyndaquil, ♂, Lvl. 5

I will update on my run as I go along.

Last edited by jefferlope on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lilbrokk

lilbrokk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Lol his Pokemon almost died at the beginning because it was poisoned.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:14 pm

This is not going my way so far..

As I was walking along Route 30 toward Mr. Pokemon's house and I run into a Spinarak. It uses poison sting, I laugh at the lack of damage it does, and see "Knuckles was poisoned!" I barely made it back to the Pokemon center..

Next, when I was fighting ???, Knuckles kept missing his attacks! I was lucky I bought potions.. or I would have lost.. ON THE FIRST TRAINER BATTLE OF THE GAME!

Once I got PokeBalls after naming my rival, I caught my first Pokemon on Route 29: Hoot Hoot. I named it "Hermes" and moved on to the next route. On Route 30, the first pokemon to appear was.. another Hoot Hoot.. I caught it anyway. I named it "Flyer" because it will be a future HM slave. Guess what HM I'm gonna teach it!

Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Silver_Sprite_GS
Rival: Supa

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_155"Knuckles"♂, L8
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_163"Hermes"♂, L5
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_163"Flyer"♂, L4

Last edited by jefferlope on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:46 am

Today I made my way to violet city. I stopped by Dark Cave to hopefully catch a Geodude, which I did (with my last PokeBall). I made my way through Sprout Tower, where I caught a Rattata, "Vermin". After getting the "Flash" HM, I taught it to "Flyer", and went to take on the gym, where Rosetta was my star player, putting her a couple levels higher than the rest of the team. Afterwards, I went to the Pokemon center to pick up the Egg, and stopped playing for now.

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_155"Knuckles"♂, 10
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_163"Hermes"♂, L10
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_019"Vermin"♀, L10
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_074"Rosetta"♀, L12
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_163"Flyer"♂, L4
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run GSCEgg"Egg"

Last edited by jefferlope on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilbrokk

lilbrokk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:23 pm

Hmmm, egg mabye you should name it after Master Max.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Why is it called Nuzlocke anyway?
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:21 pm

So I went on to Route 32, where the first Pokemon I saw was a Mareep. Unfortunately.. I killed it with a critical, so no Pokemon for this route. In Union Cave I ran into a Zubat, which I caught named "Batman" before i realized it was female.. I started to train it, but decided it was too much trouble, so I left it in the dust. On Route 33, I ran into another Rattata, so I just ignored it. By now, I'm in desperate need of a water Pokemon, so I have high hopes for Slowpoke Well. I ran into another Zubat there.. I defeated Team Rocket, and tomorrow I will face the Azalea Gym. Oh, and "Hermes" almost died against a Machop..

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_155"Knuckles"♂, 13
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_163"Hermes"♂, L12
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_019"Vermin"♀, L13
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_074"Rosetta"♀, L15
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_041"Batman"♀, L9
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run GSCEgg"Egg"
Back to top Go down
lilbrokk

lilbrokk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:42 pm

oh that stinks, this isn't your day you will do good against Bugzy.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Lol my dad bought the last season of Lost yesterday. (or was it the day before?)
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:10 pm

A lot has happened today in little time. On the way from the Pokemon Center to the gym, my egg hatched. I decided not to train it because I already have a normal type, and a normal/flying type. After a trainer battle in the gym, Knuckles evolved into a Quilava. Throughout the gym, Knuckles and Hermes were my star players. After the gym, I ran into Supa for my second rival battle. His only Pokemon that gave me problems was his Croconaw, which caused the first death of my run, Batman. (I was using her as a decoy to heal Vermin). After mourning over Batman's death, I headed into the Ilex Forest, where I used all my PokeBalls trying to catch a Metapod.. I didn't catch it. After doing the Farfetch'd mission, I went to pick up my charcoal, which I gave to Knuckles. Unfortunately, the only one of my Pokemon that could learn cut was Knuckles, and there's no way I can catch another Pokemon without breaking the rules, so I'm stuck with cut until Blackthorn City..

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_156"Knuckles"♂, 15
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_163"Hermes"♂, L15
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_019"Vermin"♀, L14
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_074"Rosetta"♀, L15
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_175"Dr. Eggman"♂, L5

Casualties:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_041"Batman"♀, L6-L9
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Nothing interesting happened as I was making my way through Ilex Forest. On Route 34, I encountered a Drowzee, which I caught, and trained until it was caught up in level with the rest of my team. I then proceeded straight to the Goldenrod Gym. Most of the trainers were easy enough, I used them to get EXP for my whole team. During my battle with Whitney, the gym leader, I used Rosetta the whole time. The Clefairy wasn't too hard to beat, but her Miltank caused problems. First, I spammed Mud Slap to lower Miltank's accuracy. Once it's accuracy couldn't decrease anymore, I started spamming Magnitude. Honestly, even when I got high numbers, magnitude did very little damage. But it was the most damage Rosetta's attacks could do. Miltank kept hitting with Stomp, even with its lowered accuracy. I ended up having to use every potion I owned. To make things worse, Miltank kept using Milk Drink. The battle went on long enough that Miltank ran out of PP for Milk Drink. Lucky for me, when I got Miltank's HP down to red, it had just hit with the beginning of a Rollout combo the turn before, meaning Whitney couldn't use a potion. The EXP from beating Miltank leveled up Rosetta by two levels. After beating Whitney, I rushed through Route 35 straight to National Park, where I caught a Sunkern (who's name is a Red vs Blue reference), the sixth member of my team. (I'm desperate for a grass Pokemon.) I saved at National Park because tomorrow is Saturday, which means Bug Catching Contest day. I need to win that tomorrow for a Sun Stone to evolve Sunkern.

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_156"Knuckles"♂, L16
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_163"Hermes"♂, L16
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_019"Vermin"♀, L17
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_074"Rosetta"♀, L18
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_096"Inception"♂, L17
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_191"CptFlowers"♂, L11
Back to top Go down
lilbrokk

lilbrokk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:17 pm

You having to use sunkern as a grass pokemon is sad.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Yeah, you couldn't've waited a day for the Bug Catching Contest so you could get a Scyther?
Edit:
Wait... Scyther ain't Grass. Sorry, I've been playing PTCG too much Razz
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:20 am

I didn't feel like updating yesterday even though a lot happened, but here's where my team stands so far. I just beat Morty, gym leader of Ecruteak City. It wasn't a hard gym at all, and all my Pokemon got to battle in it. Oh, and Hermes evolved in against one of the gym trainers. Vermin had a chance to evolve, but I'm gonna wait a little for that.

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_156"Knuckles"♂, L20
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_164"Hermes"♂, L21
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_019"Vermin"♀, L20
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_074"Rosetta"♀, L21
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_096"Inception"♂, L21
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_133"The Future"♂, L20
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Today, I headed through Route 38 and 39 towards Olivine City. On Route 38, I caught a Magnemite at Level 16. After much grinding for Magnemite on Route 37, I finally made it to Olivine, where I saved.

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_156"Knuckles"♂, L21
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_164"Hermes"♂, L21
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_019"Vermin"♀, L21
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_074"Rosetta"♀, L21
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_096"Inception"♂, L21
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_081"Magneto"♂, L22
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:49 am

Here's everything I did yesterday:
Caught a Krabby on Route 40, named it Krappy and taught it surf, grinding, grinding, grinding, made it to Cianwood Island, failed at beating the gym leader, grinding, grinding, Rosetta Evolved!, grinding, made it to the top of Olivine Lighthouse, grinding, Inception evolved!, grinding, grinding, beat Cianwood Gym with relative ease, grinding, brought the medicine to Jasmine, grinding, went to Olivine Gym to challenge my favorite gym leader, failed at beating the gym, saved the game. Oh, and I realized Knuckles sucks..

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_156"Knuckles"♂, L25
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_164"Hermes"♂, L26
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_019"Vermin"♀, L24
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_075"Rosetta"♀, L25
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_097"Inception"♂, L27
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_081"Magneto"♂, L27

Last edited by jefferlope on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savage Tyrant

Savage Tyrant

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Spam magnitude darnit
Back to top Go down
lilbrokk

lilbrokk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:42 pm

I SAID THAT AND HE DIDN'T LISTEN! And krappy was MY idea.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Wow, I didn't know Pokémon had Grind Boots in it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Machop90

Machop90

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:29 am

Aha, figures you pick the bad starter. TRY NOT TO GET DESTROYED.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Well, I beat Jasmine. Unfortunately.. I had my second casualty in the process.. Here's the battle:
Jasmine started off with a Magnemite. I took it out with a couple embers from Knuckles. Next came the Steelix. I was prepared this time, Rosetta attracted Steelix with her dashing good looks. Steelix was so in love it couldn't attack! From there, Rosetta repeatedly slapped mud in Steelix's face, lowering his accuracy. Whenever Steelix got over it's love and tried to use Iron Tail, it missed. But, my luck had to run out eventually, Rosetta was hit critically by an Iron Tail from Steelix... a finishing blow. I wouldn't let Rosetta's death go in vain!!! I did something risky and sent out Hermes. One hit from Rock Throw would take him out too! But Hermes boldly attempted Hypnosis anyway and.. success!!! Steelix was out cold. Hermes proceeded to use Nightmare on Steelix, then switch out to Krappy (as a decoy) to heal up Knuckles for a finishing blow. But then, Jasmine used a Hyper Potion! Luck was still on our side though, Steelix was still asleep, and still having a nightmare! Steelix managed to still be asleep after a full five turns. I expected Krappy to die when Steelix woke up, and I didn't want to risk switching out, so Krappy just surfed to pass the time. But Steelix never woke up, of all the Pokemon on my team, Krappy delivered the finishing blow! After that, Jasmine sent out another Magnemite, who easily Knuckles took out in two hits. The battle was over, but we lost a valuable teammate, and a good friend in the process.. Rosetta will be missed!
(I decided Rosetta's death should be honored, therefore, here's a more interesting post. How's that Jaco? Razz)

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_098"Krappy"♀, L16

Casualties:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_074Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run 25px-U%2B2192.svgPokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_075"Rosetta"♀, L6-L25

Last edited by jefferlope on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Awww. The only part of your team that was worth a darn died.
Also, nice job on the interesting level. Smile
I was really drawn in.
jefferlope wrote:
The battle was over, but we lost a valuable teammate, and a good friend in the process.. Rosetta will not be missed!
But... Tell me what's wrong with this sentence.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Oops, my bad Smile
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:02 pm

After what had just happened, I didn't think I could take another battle. As I mournfully walked through Route 38 back to Ecruteak (avoiding the grass), I thought about what had happened.

Rosetta's death has shown me the truth. My eyes are now open to what the "Pokemon League" really is. This is all just a sick and twisted game. I don't think I could stand it to lose another member of my team.
But there's no turning back now, or Rosetta would have lost her life in vain. No - there is only one thing to do now. I have to keep going. But with a different goal now. There is only one way to end all this. I have to go to the source, the heart of the Pokemon League.
I have to defeat the champion. Not to become the new champion, but to end this game once and for all. If there is no champion, there is no more reason for anybody to fight.
I feel like this is my obligation - for Rosetta, for Batman, for all the Pokemon in the world who have died in this madness.

My thoughts were interrupted when I absentmindedly walked straight into a lake. I quickly jumped out and noticed a sign. I had reached Route 42.
I looked around and saw I had two choices to get to Mahogany Town. Mt. Mortar or the lake I had previously walked into.
It looks like I can't avoid anymore battles from here out - it's either cave Pokemon or water Pokemon. After some thought, I decided I couldn't take it to see anymore Geodudes or Gravelers, so I chose the lake.
I sent out Krappy, and set off to Mahogany with a new goal set in mind.

Current Team:
Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Spr_2g_098"Krappy"♀, L16
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Finally!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run   Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Gold Nuzlocke Run
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next