Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Steak Writes a Thing

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SalsburySteak

SalsburySteak

Steak Writes a Thing Empty
PostSubject: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:35 pm

So, yeah. I've been writing this thing for a while now. It's all kinds of unfinished, though.
Just posting the first chapter at the moment because I want to rewrite the first couple chapters (maybe all of 'em, actually), and this is the only re-written chapter I've got so far. Just a warning, it's mildly long and there's some mild profanity (emphasis on mild).

"Chapter One: Idyll Interrupted":

Tell me what y'all think, of course.

Last edited by SalsburySteak on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:31 pm

I will come back and read this later. But homework is getting in my way at the moment.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:43 pm

I'll read it tonight, Promise
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:09 am

That's long. If I read 5 words per day I'll end up finishing in May. I read 5 words per day.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:00 pm

I read it, its really good. One question though: what game/book/anime/tv show/fictional universe inspired this, if any.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:44 am

I had 2 book ideas. I forgot of 1 and the other I'm lazy to write it.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Alright, I finally got around to reading this, and I have to say, I'm glad I did. You had me completely sucked into the world you created, and you did a great job of introducing the characters, and left me wanting more in the end! Why did it have to be just one chapter, I need to know what happens next!

Do you plan on writing a whole novel?

On a side note, I think I caught a couple typos.

I'm guessing you meant to say, "..once he'd been..."?
Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-06_1311

I also noticed that every time you started a sentence with "darn", you didn't capitalize it. Are they oddly coincidental typos?
Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-06_1300Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-06_1306 Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-06_1324

Anyway, I can't wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah, it's riddled with mistakes.
Back to top Go down
SalsburySteak

SalsburySteak

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:56 am

Jefferlope wrote:

I also noticed that every time you started a sentence with "darn", you didn't capitalize it. Are they oddly coincidental typos?
Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-06_1300Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-06_1306 Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-06_1324

I noticed those too, actually. As a matter of fact, all three of those are supposed to be a different D-word entirely, and were before I posted; I'm guessing the forum has some sort of profanity filter.

And to answer your question, yeah, I'm gonna write a whole novel. I've got about ten chapters total written at the moment, but most of them need re-writing. Speaking of which, I'm starting work on Chapter Two. Don't want to make a definite posting date, but I'm thinking some time next week. Maybe Saturday this week if I get off my rear.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:10 am

Oh, right, the forum does have a censor. I completely forgot about that.

I'm looking forward to Chapter Two!
Back to top Go down
SalsburySteak

SalsburySteak

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Haha, wow, I actually managed to get this done earlier than I expected.
That's... I don't think that's ever happened to me before. It's a strange feeling.

"Chapter Two: To Shademont!":

Chapter three... soonish? I feel like if I make any predictions, now that chapter two's been finished early, they'll be too early, so I won't.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and keep pointing out any typos, if you see them. It's hard to edit your own stuff, so I probably missed something.
And yet again, if you see any "darn"s, mentally replace them with the OTHER d-word. There should be two, in close proximity to each other.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:47 am

if you wanted to keep you mild profanity you could make a picture then post that, I think somebody did that before when doing something.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:49 am

Another great chapter, although it wasn't as exciting as the first one (obviously since it had no action). I'm excited to find out what is gonna go down in Shademont!

I caught one typo this time:
Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-11_0217
I'm guessing "thee" should be "three"?

Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Good.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Someone should review it to see if I should start reading! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SalsburySteak

SalsburySteak

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Jefferlope wrote:
Another great chapter, although it wasn't as exciting as the first one (obviously since it had no action). I'm excited to find out what is gonna go down in Shademont!

I caught one typo this time:
Steak Writes a Thing 2012-02-11_0217
I'm guessing "thee" should be "three"?

Yeah, thanks, that was a typo. :V

I'm pretty excited for chapter three, myself. All I'll say, though, as that you'll be meeting two new main characters soon, one of which is definitely among my favorites. Of course, you all might hate him/her. You never know.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 pm

him/her, you made an "it" character!?!
Back to top Go down
SalsburySteak

SalsburySteak

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't. Maybe I was simply trying to keep the character's gender ambiguous for the time being. Maybe I wasn't.

In any event, chapter three is a lot farther along than originally anticipated. I don't want to make any definite predictions as to when it'll be done, but like as not it'll be up by the end of the week. And sorry, Jeff, no more action (or at least no fighting) for a few chapters, at least.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:09 pm

It's all good. We can't expect it to be /all/ action. There needs to be time for story and character development, after all.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm laughing inside because I know who the characters are down to their names! Hahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
SalsburySteak

SalsburySteak

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 am

You sho' 'bout dat?
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 pm

OOOOOOOOO The characters were changed from the ones you were told cga! THEY WERE A LIE
Back to top Go down
SalsburySteak

SalsburySteak

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Or were they?
Actually yes, they were.
One of them, at least. A secondary character.
I can reveal this because you guys never knew who they were in the first place, and I'm not sure even CGA remembers.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 am

No, I did not remember who that was. What a surprise!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steak Writes a Thing   Steak Writes a Thing Empty

Back to top Go down

Steak Writes a Thing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next