Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

3DS Pokemon VC Games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

3DS Pokemon VC Games Empty
PostSubject: 3DS Pokemon VC Games   3DS Pokemon VC Games EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:32 am

Will we see the classic Pokemon on the 3DS? by Supa "Nathaniel" Kirb- 3/16/2011

3DS Pokemon VC Games Pokemon_Red_Version_GBC_ScreenShot1

I was thinking a little more about the 3DS today; and something I really was thinking hard about, was if Nintendo is willing to port the classic Pokemon franchise on the 3DS's virtual console. Now obviously I know we all expect this to happen, I mean, it's something we all would enjoy seeing. So I thought to myself, from a business standpoint, how couldn't they do it? But then I started to wonder, how would the trading process work? As you may recall, the first Pokemon games could connect to each other using a trading cable; and it was such an awesome thing back then, being able to battle + trade with friends. It's one of the features that made Pokemon so successful after all. And let's face it, if you want to have the full Pokemon experience, you need to have a friend with the game opposite of yours. That way you can, as Ash Ketchum would say, 'catch them all.' (Or you might have been a little smarty/rich kid, and bought both versions with multiple systems. But that is just sad to think about, and I imagine it takes away from the 'Poke-experience.')

3DS Pokemon VC Games Pokemon_Red_Version_GBC_ScreenShot4

Anyways, I guess my thinking here is, is Nintendo really going to bother with putting the classic Pokemon games on the 3DS? Knowing full well what fans would expect someway to trade and battle? I know they could probably just modify the games so that they could connect wirelessly via 3DS. But think about this for a second, they would have to do this to every single version. That means, Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. They would all have to be modified. I don't know, it almost seems like too much of a hassle for them. I think It also depends on how high they are going to be pricing game boy games. I don't believe they would be willing to go to all this trouble just to make 5 bucks a download. I for one wouldn't mind paying a little extra to play some classic Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Pokemon VC Games   3DS Pokemon VC Games EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Hmm.. Nintendo IS going to be putting some of the VC games in full 3D, so if they're willing to put work into that, I think they will be willing to put some work into trading and battling.

Of course, I have no idea how any of this stuff works, and it could be a lot harder to put them in 3D than to add wireless capabilities, but it's not like they haven't added something to a VC game before. When Pokemon Snap came out on the Wii VC, they added a feature that lets you use Pokemon Snap photos on the Wii Photo Channel. That had to have taken some work, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Pokemon VC Games   3DS Pokemon VC Games EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Yeh, I see what you mean. It's just that the amount of Pokemon games on the gameboy is ridiculous. I think they might just go ahead and work on the latest games in both gens. Meaning we might just see Yellow and Crystal. But... Yellow is more of a game of itself.. So having both red and blue could also be possible.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Pokemon VC Games   3DS Pokemon VC Games EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 pm

SupaKirb wrote:
Yeh, I see what you mean. It's just that the amount of Pokemon games on the gameboy is ridiculous. I think they might just go ahead and work on the latest games in both gens. Meaning we might just see Yellow and Crystal. But... Yellow is more of a game of itself.. So having both red and blue could also be possible.
Well, if they do that, it would be impossible to catch them all! I think if they are going to release any Game Boy Pokemon games, they're going to release them all.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Pokemon VC Games   3DS Pokemon VC Games EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:12 pm

It IS impossible anyway.
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Pokemon VC Games   3DS Pokemon VC Games EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:18 pm

I say they just port a simple $5 or cheaper version on eShop then put their real power into a Pokemon Stadium remake which can emulate the games with 3D effects. Heck, online battles could be added too and if they add new features that you can use without a gb download, wait for it....................................THEY COULD CALL IT POKEMON STADIUM 3D
Come on Big N fuel my dreams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Pokemon VC Games   3DS Pokemon VC Games Empty

Back to top Go down

3DS Pokemon VC Games
Page 1 of 1