Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

(Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion

Go down 
+2
YouOnlySueOnce
Tetris
6 posters
AuthorMessage

(Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion Empty
PostSubject: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion
Source: NWR by Aaron Kaluszka, IT Managing Editor - March 4, 2011 - 12:07 A.M.

(Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion Cartoon-Network-Punch-Time-Explosion

Super Smash Bros. on 3DS? Close enough!

"I had a pleasant surprise playing Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion. The game, simply put, is Super Smash Bros. with characters from popular Cartoon Network shows. And that is a wonderful thing."

"The game mimics Super Smash Bros. very closely, from the percentage damage, to flying off screen and returning with a triple set of jumps. There are even Final Smash-esque moves. There have been a few clones, but this is the first game where I really felt like they got it right."

I am kicking myself for not hearing about this game sooner; It's basically a dream come true for Smash Bros. fans and Cartoon Network fans alike!
For now at least, this look like the closest thing to Smash Bros. on the 3DS; but in all honesty, this isn't an unwelcome substitute.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Slight problem.

Cartoon Network has been god awful since the year 2003.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Tetris wrote:
Slight problem.

Cartoon Network has been god awful since the year 2003.

Are you even looking at the box art? It doesn't matter that Cartoon Network sucks now, there are some classic cartoon characters here.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:14 pm

If Smash Bros was aimed for young people, what was this one aimed for? Babies? Just pointing it out lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 pm

MaxMatsu wrote:
If Smash Bros was aimed for young people, what was this one aimed for? Babies? Just pointing it out lol.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!

MAXC! Out of everyone here I thought you would understand at least! Cartoon Network was known for having adult situations and references. This game will before the old school CN fans babY! This aint your daddies chess club!
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 pm

I'm on Supa's side. This looks great. Razz
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 pm

SupaKirb wrote:
MaxMatsu wrote:

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!

MAXC! Out of everyone here I thought you would understand at least! Cartoon Network was known for having adult situations and references. This game will before the old school CN fans babY! This aint your daddies chess club!
That's what I said...
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:37 am

If Dexter has a crappy move set I'm not getting this game. Period.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:03 am

Hmm...
I think I'll pass...
What mainly turns me off is that not all the characters have the same voice actor. (Which I know can be hard to do, due to deaths or money issues, but it doesn't seem like they tried at all.)

Looks kind of slow too.

So far, Dexter, Bubbles, Blossum, Buttercup, and apparently Chowder (I don't know.), don't have the same voice actors.
Which is really upsetting. To be honest. Max and I watched PowerPuff Girls all the time.

I have also heard that the voices are subject to change before the game's Release, but I still don't know.
There are a lot more videos on youtube, So if you're interested, check them out.
This doesn't seem like a game I would play though, so I think I'll pass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:29 am

DarkKirby702 wrote:

Hmm...
I think I'll pass...
What mainly turns me off is that not all the characters have the same voice actor. (Which I know can be hard to do, due to deaths or money issues, but it doesn't seem like they tried at all.)

Looks kind of slow too.

So far, Dexter, Bubbles, Blossum, Buttercup, and apparently Chowder (I don't know.), don't have the same voice actors.
Which is really upsetting. To be honest. Max and I watched PowerPuff Girls all the time.

I have also heard that the voices are subject to change before the game's Release, but I still don't know.
There are a lot more videos on youtube, So if you're interested, check them out.
This doesn't seem like a game I would play though, so I think I'll pass.

This makes me want the game more actually...
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:21 am

Currently the only thing that attracts me is the roster.

Once I saw everything else it felt kind of, idk, weird.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Chowder=Kirby?
I kinda agree with Dark about the voices, but it still does look good.
Back to top Go down
whoknowswhatdIber

whoknowswhatdIber

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:35 am

I'm not even sure if I'm going to get the 3DS so it's a mystery
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000715965113
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion   (Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion Empty

Back to top Go down

(Smash Bros.) Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion
Page 1 of 1