Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Sorry Dark, but I had to take this one.

This is just too funny..
Back to top Go down
SomebodyUDon'tKnow

SomebodyUDon'tKnow

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:34 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm just gonna go hang myself, then...
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:14 pm

So Amazing.
Now I just need to see the Raccoon
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:07 am

The funniest thing is megaman in that video.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:27 pm

This video explains how Phoenix Wright works, and it is amazing.

Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 pm

So that guy was mostly wright, I mean right. (The only one dark keeps posting in br lol)

Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:49 am

Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:11 pm

I understand it perfectly, and I don't even play those typed of fighting games...
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Makes more sense than megaman.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:08 am

Not really.
For one, Mega Man's existence is solely based around fighting.
Granted, he uses long range weapons, but if SSF2 can make it work, Capcom can.

Phoenix Wright's existence is based on solving trials, nothing more.
The fact that he may exhibit superhuman powers is just him being the cartoon he is.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:01 am

Superhuman powers is NOT something strange in the Phoenix Wright universe! And the fact that Phoenix Wright doesn't seem like he'd be fit for a fighting game is the EXACT reason he was included!
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:58 am

Worst reason ever.
Back to top Go down
SomebodyUDon'tKnow

SomebodyUDon'tKnow

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:13 am

Best reason ever. They wanted variety and not to just have MvC2 with some more characters.
They wanted things people requested as NEW things, not characters that were rarely used in them by most anyway.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:30 am

And besides, Why have a bunch of Super hero freaks, when You could have people like Wright and Frank West?

Just because they aren't fit to fight, Doesn't mean they're not ALLOWED to fight.

Wright brings originality and humor to UMVC3.

And West. He's just there because he's amazingly Amazing.

Same With the people on marvel. Rocket Raccoon is in because he's amazing, and because Marvel is trying to do some promoting or something. (Also the reason why hawkeye and Dr.strange got in.)
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:41 pm

DarkKirby702 wrote:
And besides, Why have a bunch of Super hero freaks, when You could have people like Wright and Frank West?
To me, that's like asking "Why have a bag of candy when you could have a bag of crap?".

And not that I know anything about the Phoenix Wright universe, but Wright being the protagonist and all, it doesn't really make sense to make him the comic relief character as well. He can have funny moments like anyone else, but apparently that has to mean he has to be a second Deadpool for UMvC3.
Meaning, he's a joke. Does Wright's character really rely on comic relief so much that he has to be a humor-adding character, when there are clearly enough characters to laugh at? Like Deadpool?

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that Capcom doesn't have enough franchises to add anyone better to their side.
What would they have done if Phoenix Wright wasn't the only franchise that they had left to borrow characters from?
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Jaco wrote:
And not that I know anything about the Phoenix Wright universe, but Wright being the protagonist and all, it doesn't really make sense to make him the comic relief character as well. He can have funny moments like anyone else, but apparently that has to mean he has to be a second Deadpool for UMvC3.
Meaning, he's a joke. Does Wright's character really rely on comic relief so much that he has to be a humor-adding character, when there are clearly enough characters to laugh at? Like Deadpool?

Actually, that's exactly what the Phoenix Wright series relies on. Wright is the protagonist, but he also plays a part in the comic relief. Most of the dialog is written to make you laugh, so it makes perfect sense that he would be a humor-adding character.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Why do you want a bunch of SERIOUS people who actually know how to fight?
The game would be so boring.

And if you think about it, Wright Is gonna help the game SELL.
I know quite a few people who are gonna buy the game just for wright.

I know you don't want that, but if sales don't go well, Your precious Street Fighter also has a chance of going down the drain.

Adding characters like Wright, Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Frank west. Help people learn about the character, and would make them want to buy the comics, games, or See the movies if released. (The case with dr.strange's movie, and The Avengers for Hawkeye.)
Which will then Help boost Capcom's sales (or Marvel's.) So they can make even better games. Or whatever Companies want to make.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 pm

SF4's not boring at all, despite what you say.
And the entire roster consists of people who know how to fight.

Sales matter little to me.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Jaco wrote:
Sales matter little to me.
Sales should matter to you. They matter to me, and I don't even care for fighting games. But as long as Phoenix Wright is included in the game, more people will be introduced to the series (it's not very popular in North America), which will lead to more localization of the games. I know you don't care for that, but PW fans such as myself do. And I know you don't like Phoenix Wright, so you think they shouldn't localize it anyway. But I don't like Street Fighter, does that mean they shouldn't localize that?

And besides, if the company doesn't make money, they can't make games.

Then again, I'm sure you'd be happy playing SF4 your whole life.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Phoenix Wright was requested a lot.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:04 pm

So were many other more fitting characters.
Back to top Go down
SomebodyUDon'tKnow

SomebodyUDon'tKnow

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:13 pm

No, actually. The only character requested more than Phoenix Wright was Megaman. And even then the reasons for his exclusion so far are vague.
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:55 pm

And if we're talking Vanilla MVC3 (The original that came out.)
I think Strider might've been Number 1 on the list.
And then We got him.

Which makes me feel all Warm and fuzzy inside.
Then X Got in at number 2, Then Wright was number 3.

UMVC3 Announced, Strider, Nemesis, Wright, Frank West, Dr.Strange, Vergil, and Ghost Rider are now playable. (The 7 Requested by fans.)

And Not ALL of them were more fitting than Wright. Some people wanted Norimaro from Marvel super heroes vs Street Fighter.

I think he's based off of a Famous Japanese Comedian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay   Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay Empty

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Wright UMvC3 Gameplay
Page 1 of 1