Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Wizard Trial

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm

((So, know what might be fun? A Phoenix Wright mock trial to prove Machop's innocence/guilt. Is he a wizard after all? Did he commit some sort of murder? Let's find out!

The rules for this game are simple. We'll be playing out a court case done in the style of the Phoenix Wright games. Try to keep to that style. I will be playing the part of the judge (and maybe the detective, since he gives the facts) since I am the one moderating this thing. Tetris is obviously the defendant, although he should feel free to play another part, since the defendant doesn't get much to do in these. The rest of you can jump in and take the place of any of the other open roles. We'll need a defense attorney to defend Tetris, a prosecuting attorney to prove his guilt, and of course, witnesses, which the defense attorney will cross-examine.

We could use this old site for the objections and such. http://objection.mrdictionary.net/index.php
We could use the animations here for the witness testimonies/things that aren't objections. http://www.court-records.net/Media.htm
And you could of course use normal text. Feel free to be creative and have fun with this, though! Draw your own evidence or characters in MS Paint or make your own props or whatnot!

The crime scene: https://supermarathonbros.forumotion.com/t1391-so-uh#13271

To keep with role play traditions, if you have anything out of character to say, stick it in [[]] or (()) or {{}} or the like.

Explanation of cross-examinations:

Also feel free to ask any questions of anything I said didn't make sense, or if you're unfamiliar with the way Phoenix Wright trials work.

I'll keep a list here of who's playing who as well.
- Judge - Jefferlope
- Defendant - Tetris
- Defense Attorney - MaxMatsu
- Prosecuting Attorney - CoolGreenApple

I'll start us off.))

Court Record:

Evidence:
Case File:
Tetris's SMB Records:
Jefferlope's Testimony:

People:
Tetris:
YOSO:
CoolGreenApple:
Machop:
Jefferlope:

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6309963

Last edited by Judge Jefferlope on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm

What are the difference between roles? Well besides the obvious. Also I was planning to do something like this a long while ago, but of Ghost Trick, you know, that far back lol.

I'll be whoever godot can be. (I'm guessing the defense has to be phoenix? So I'll just be prosecuting if then)

Do we just start out?
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 pm

((Godot is a prosecuting attorney, which is the one trying to prove the defendant guilty. The prosecutor also brings in and prepares the witnesses for their testimonies, though the defense is allowed to bring in a witness of their own. The defense attorney, is the one trying to prove the defendant innocent. They will cross-examine the witness testimonies, looking for contradictions and such. Both attorneys can add evidence into the court record, as well as present evidence to prove their side. I'll probably keep a court record of evidence and people in the original post.

As for who's who on that objection website:
Spoiler:
The four I pointed to are all defense. All of the others, except the judge, are prosecutors. Though, I don't think anyone really cares for what we're doing. If you want to be Godot as a defense attorney, go for it.

So there you go.))
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 pm

The Wizard Trial Judge-warning(b)
I was just reading off of the case file!

Case File:

(Case File submitted as evidence and added into the court record)

((I added a Court Record to the original post.))
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 pm

The Wizard Trial 7

Oh, sorry. You'll have to excuse me, your honor. I'm a little confused today. I can't even remember which side I'm supposed to be on! Stupid, stupid, stupid!
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 am

((I listed Apple as the prosecutor, since he /is/ the one who accused the wizard in the first place. Are you down for being the defense, Max?))

Well you'd better pull yourself together, or you'll never be able to prove that Mr. Tetris probably committed a murder or something!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:11 pm

((I was going to go more for the "What does the detective even do?" and Sure, I guess (even though I love CGA, I'll go keep track though so excuse me and I'll edit this later for a more completed and assured answer, or keep this message))

EDITTTTTTTT:
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6312682 (you know, since everyone did an intro with these or something)

Last edited by YouOnlySueOnce on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:10 pm

The Wizard Trial Judge-normal(b)
Alright then, let's get this party started. Prosecution, you may call your first witness.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:29 pm

The Wizard Trial Godot-side(b)Uh...
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:26 pm

The Wizard Trial 7

Zzzzzzz*snore*zzzzzzzzzZhajJAHKJhAH! Good heavens! I must have nodded off during that humdrum speech of the defense's. Pull yourself together, CGA!

Anywho, the prosecution calls to the stand...me! Am I allowed to question myself? Yes, I believe I most certainly am.

The Wizard Trial Payne-sweating(b)

So, self, what do you know about our Tetris being a wizard and possibly committing MURDER?

The Wizard Trial Bubble-(ani)witnessTestimony

I'm glad you asked! Let me tell you everything.
It all started a few months back. The accused kept bringing up how terrible and awful these Wizard folk are. This was very suspicious, as no one ever spoke of wizards in our fair city of SMB! Nobody! I knew right then and there he was in leagues with them!

((I don't know if I should pause here or let this guy talk more))

Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:54 pm

((Am I supposed to wait for a judge call or something?))
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:45 am

I agree, the defense's speech was indeed humdrum. I almost fell asleep myself!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((YOSO*, you are allowed to give any comments on the testimony before I begin the cross-examination, but save the actual pressing and presenting for the cross-examination))

The Wizard Trial Judge-surprised(b)
Your testimony is very convincing, Mr. Apple! If I didn't have to follow the rules of court, I'd say I'm ready to give my verdict right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((Allow me to explain how cross-examination works. As the defense, you will review the witness testimony, which is what Apple wrote in red. You have the option to either A) Press the witness for more information on any of his/her statements in the testimony, or B) Present evidence to prove a contradiction in any of the witness's statements.

Use this gif: http://www.court-records.net/rips/bubble-(ani)holdit.gif if you are pressing, and this gif: http://www.court-records.net/rips/bubble-(ani)takethat.gif if you are presenting evidence.

The prosecutor may reply to the defense's actions through objections. You can object if you have something to say against what the defense just stated. The defense may object to the prosecution as well. As the judge, I make the decisions as to whether a piece of evidence may be submitted into the Court Record, as well as whether or not a line of cross-examination is valid. Both the defense and prosecution can object to one of my (the judge's) statements as well, though I may overrule objections.

I'll go ahead and add this explanation to the original post for quick reference.

I hope that made sense. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.))

Mr. Matsu, you may begin your cross-examination of the witness's testimony.

The Wizard Trial Godot
The Wizard Trial Bubble-(ani)crossexamination
The Wizard Trial Payne
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:15 pm

CoolGreenApple wrote:
The accused kept bringing up how terrible and awful these Wizard folk are.
The Wizard Trial Bubble-(ani)holdit
The Wizard Trial Godot-normal(b)
You heard/(read?) him say this to you?
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Perhaps not TO me, but I heard/read him say it! And I can prove it, should the need arise.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 am

CoolGreenApple wrote:
Perhaps not TO me, but I heard/read him say it! And I can prove it, should the need arise.
The Wizard Trial Godot-side(b)
Exactly where did this happen inside the SMB facilities?
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 am

The Wizard Trial Payne-sweating(b)

Everywhere! However, I witnessed him ranting about wizards most frequently in the SMB Streaming Warehouse.

[lolol finally replied]
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 pm

((Should I add a list of locations to the original post?))
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 pm

The Wizard Trial Bubble-%28ani%29objection
The Wizard Trial Godot-catch
The Wizard Trial Godot-sniff
The Wizard Trial Godot-sips
The Wizard Trial Godot-heh%20mug
This coffee has perfect consistency. It's all about the simplicity, and being classy of course. Right, Mr. Green?
The Wizard Trial Godot-thoughtful(b)
I would like to show this piece of evidence, your honor:
It's everything that Tetris has ever said/posted and done on all of the SMB facilities, as you may know, his life was recorded from the minute he entered one facility and the city itself. You may see, not in a single part of the files does the word "wizard" appear from the defendant's mouth/hand itself.
The Wizard Trial Godot-sniff
Looks pretty consistent and closed to me, just like my coffee.

((and uh, sure, I guess, lol))
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 am

The Wizard Trial Background-(ani)gallery
The Wizard Trial Background-(ani)gavel
Why, I can't find a single instance of the word "wizard" in these documents!

Tetris's SMB Records:

(Tetris's SMB Records submitted as evidence and added into the court record)

Mr. Apple! This major contradiction in your testimony is a big deal! What is the meaning of this?
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 pm

The Wizard Trial 7

Clearly you people have no idea what we're dealing with here! He is a wizard! He can easily tamper with the evidence as he sees fit!

You want more evidence? Fine! I present to you this!

Shazam!:
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Oh! Did I say that?

Jefferlope's Testimony:

(Jefferlope's Testimony submitted as evidence and added into the court record)

Last edited by Judge Jefferlope on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:15 pm

The Wizard Trial Godot-steams(a)
The Wizard Trial Godot-objection
Nonsense!
The Wizard Trial Godot-pointing
I would like to direct your attention to the defendant's profile.
Tetris's profile:
As you can see clearly, his name is no such thing as "Machop"! Unlike this profile right here...
Machop's profile:
The Wizard Trial Godot-thinking(b)
You can easily differentiate from both, and I would also love to see some evidence of the word "wizard" coming from any of both's mouth, as every message is recorded to atleast anybody in the discussion, so there has to be evidence to support it without the evidence itself being manipulatable.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:21 pm

((I added a "People" section to the court record. People can be presented just like evidence. I will add more people as they are revealed to have connections to the case.))
The defense brings up some very valid questions. Witness, might I remind you that you are under oath, and this court will not tolerate lies!
The Wizard Trial Background-(ani)gavel
Mr. Apple, can you provide any decisive evidence that you truly witnessed what you claimed?

Last edited by Judge Jefferlope on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:42 am

((Jeff, I think you mistook my role and cga's, or the judge is just high, maybe that's it, or I was always the prosecuting attorney (you made the mistake on your post and on the profiles lol, or I'm reading it wrong, while cga responds, I would like a reply so I'm not confused, does defense and defending change the side lol) If this is somehow a plot twist, please let me know))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Wizard Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wizard Trial   The Wizard Trial Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wizard Trial
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next