Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

It's that time of year, guys.

Go down 
+3
lilbrokk
YouOnlySueOnce
Jefferlope
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

It's that time of year, guys. Empty
PostSubject: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 pm

With 2013 hitting in a few hours (or hours ago, if you're on the other side of the ocean), it's time to do that thing people do for the new year! New Year resolutions!

Now, I've never really had any New Year resolutions, but this year is an important year for me. Here are my New Year resolutions, or rather, New Year demands because if I don't fulfill these, I'm pretty much going to give up on life forever. So 2013 Yusef, here is what you better get done.

1 ) Figure out what you're good at. Seriously. You should have had this figured out by middle school!

2 ) Graduate from community college with an associates degree. Don't screw this up in your final semester, Yusef.

3 ) Fix your study habits. You're going on twenty years old. It's about time you started acting like it.

4 ) Move out of your parent's house. The real world has been ready for you for two years now, it's about time you met it.

5 ) Get accepted to a real college or find a way to survive on your own without it.

6 ) Fix your personality and attitude towards everyone and everything. Stop causing stupid arguments. Stop treating people like dirt when you don't have something to gain from them. In fact, stop being greedy and selfish in general. Stop lying about the stupidest things and go through with your promises and commitments every once in a while. Most of all, stop being stubborn about every little thing. If you are wrong, accept that you're wrong. If somebody is trying to help you, don't give them a hard time about it and just take their help.

7 ) Stop saying "lol". Seriously, you've over-killed it. You even use it when nothing is funny! (This includes any variations of "lol", such as "lolol" or even "lololololol". If something is funny, "haha" will work just fine.

8 ) Have some self-control! If there's a donut on the kitchen counter, you don't have to eat it! If there's a new video on your YouTube subscriptions, but you haven't written your essay, the video can wait! You can't fix anything if you don't show some willpower!

And here are some bonus demands that aren't required, but would be nice to have fulfilled.

1 ) Get a new job. I miss making money.

2 ) Lose some weight! I started working out over the Summer, but I've been slacking on being healthy since the cold weather set in.

3 ) Create something for people to enjoy. This is more of a lifelong goal than a 2013 thing, but still. If you could do that this year, that would be cool.

4 ) Make amends with your old enemy - mornings. It's time to be the bigger man here, and start waking up early when you don't have to. Imagine how much more time you could have in the day! Machop knows what's up! I would have put this under the demands, but I know you probably won't actually go through with it.
A part of this is curing your insomnia. For at least 45 minutes before you sleep, don't look at any kind of computer screen (cell phone, TV, etc.). Read a book or something. And try to be consistent with your sleep schedule.

And that's that. Go ahead and post your New Year resolutions here if you have any.

PS: 2014 Yusef, comment here and let me know how I did! Hopefully you're a much better man then 2012 Yusef.

Last edited by Jefferlope on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: LONG REPLY AGAIN, OH LOOK, A POST TITLE NAME!   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Move out? You're 23 already?

Is that number 7 directed to me? lol (Better lol before 2013)

And that 2nd 3, isn't streaming part of one of those things you would call enjoying lol.

I should probably follow you with the 7th resolution, but it's like saying goodbye to a friend.

I've never had any resolutions either, in fact, the last one I got was the 2nd one on this list, which I did clear (Actually I made it up this December 29), but coming back to the point, I'll probably do some of these if I get a new laptop or desktop, so add that to the conditions, 2013+ me.

1) Get more on Steam and play all the games I have.
2) Survive until 2014. (Hopefully no apocalypse will arise this time to make it harder)
3) Eat healthy to stay alive.
4) Complete things I have not completed, in other words, being less lazy.
5) Have fun. Top 2012 off and make it a better year (which is actually a hard task).
6) Get a kitchen woman (ohlove), I've been single for a while since last time (which you guys probably don't even remember me mentioning it).
7) Get better at scripting since I just noticed it could probably come in handy some day.
eight) Learn how to make a computer/cellphone/tablet/consoleatleast, seriously, how do they even work.
9) On that note, how to fix a car would come in handy too.
10) Learn how to cook more, independence ftw.
11) Value what I have even more (not like I don't, but keeping it that way would be good, actually I'll count this as clear already, even if I insult it, I value it lololol, oh, I should add this one for saying "lololol less" insted, my trait, yeah, so I'm halfway, the other half is not loling as much as I did, unless I'm trolling, that doesn't count).
12) More body work, I've been turning lazy doing less exercise even at home (which I do have equipment for).

There, 12 resolutions, 12 grapes or whatever it's supposed to be.

I'm probably missing some things anyway, but let's just hope I clear more than half, in fact, I'll color them green if I cleared them and red if I didn't (probably not since I'll either forget or look like an idiot, but hey, it works, in fact, I'll give them "maxpoints" in numbers so I could possibly get more into it: 1, 2 and 3= 5 maxpoints; 5,7,11= 10 maxpoints; 4, 10,12= 12 maxpoints; 6,8,9 = 13 maxpoints)

9.- On that note, how to fix a car would come in handy too.
8.- Learn how to make a computer/cellphone/tablet/consoleatleast, seriously, how do they even work.
6.- Get a kitchen woman, I've been single for a while since last time (which you guys probably don't even remember me mentioning it).

12.- More body work, I've been turning lazy doing less exercise even at home (which I do have equipment for).
10.- Learn how to cook more, independence ftw.
4.- Complete things I have not completed, in other words, being less lazy.
11.- Value what I have even more (not like I don't, but keeping it that way would be good, actually I'll count this as clear already, even if I insult it, I value it lololol, oh, I should add this one for saying "lololol less" insted, my trait, yeah, so I'm halfway, the other half is not loling as much as I did, unless I'm trolling, that doesn't count).
7.- Get better at scripting since I just noticed it could probably come in handy some day.
5.- Have fun. Top 2012 off and make it a better year (which is actually a hard task).

3.- Eat healthy to stay alive.
2.- Survive until 2014. (Hopefully no apocalypse will arise this time to make it harder)
1.- Get more on Steam and play all the games I have.

If I get 60 points or 6 (half) I'll give myself the new secret badge on hold which is just reaching that goal to achieve it (I'll probably make a secret santa badge to replace the christmas one, which will collide with the valentine's one, a new year by posting resolutions, and one of resolutions achieved by achieving them, so yeah).

I won't give up on life, however, that's just giving up! I'll force on life to give up on me if it's necessary! I won't leave as a coward! (This is me trying to encourage myself even if I didn't complete anything at all, you should do it, it makes you feel good).

Shouldn't we all be together or stuff right now, or well before and after the countdown atleast? Why is no one streaming?!

Last edited by YouOnlySueOnce on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilbrokk

lilbrokk

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 pm

1. Find more ways to stalk apple.
2. Get over my issue with stalking fruit.
3. Learn how to spel wodrs.
4. Learn how to spell more words then "words."
5. Disregard 2. >.> <.<
6. Learn who all these new people on the forum are. o.O
7 Actually come to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:50 am

I added an eight demand to my list.

I didn't know you knew anything about scripting, Max! I just so happened to learn some Javascript basics over the past week or two.

What can Maxpoints be redeemed for?

Good luck on your resolutions, guys!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:52 am

Judge Jefferlope wrote:
I added an eight demand to my list.

I didn't know you knew anything about scripting, Max! I just so happened to learn some Javascript basics over the past week or two.

What can Maxpoints be redeemed for?

Good luck on your resolutions, guys!
Self-control, huh? Maybe I should add that, but what if I self-control myself on not having to actually note it to do it? Self-control paradox.

And I technically don't/didn't. I just happen to know very basic Javascript and I guess html if you count things I barely remember and I guess very very little about Java if anything. I know nothing about CSS or that jQuery or A something or other coding languages I could remember.

Maxpoints can be redeemed for... uh... the badge! That's it! The badge! and maybe some other stuff later, like points or reputation (not really), but definetely some handsomeliness bonus.

TANKS!

Besides this lol, did I say lol? I don't think so! WOOP ADVANCING! CHECKING IT AS DONE! FREE POINTS!
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:41 am

I think this "Maxpoints" system may be rigged.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:05 am

Judge Jefferlope wrote:
I think this "Maxpoints" system may be rigged.
Well, you have to get 60 points out of 120, so if it works in ratio, you would need only 4 of them, unless you count the others, which should count to 12, oh hey you I should level them in hardness so you know which ones grant more points and you get 60 points or more too, preferably 80. You decide if you complete them lololol.

Actually there's 11 and a sunglasses face.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:12 am

Fixed the sunglasses. I think all my demands are worth equal amounts in maxpoints.
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:36 pm

I generally don't put much thought into resolutions because I've always let them fall apart by like the 3rd. But here's some stuff I guess! In no particular order of importance...

1) Work harder on school stuff! I've started doing online high school stuff since like late November, and I've been super lazy. It's time to step it up!
2) Be more physically active!
3) Get my sleeping habits fixed! I'm tired (see what I did there?) of waking up at noon!
4) Be more sociable! Due to #1, I've been pretty introverted lately. Just going outside on a more regular basis would be a good start, although the snow and it being pretty cold outside are kinda making that difficult.

That's all the big sort of stuff I can think of, so here's some less important things.

1) Learning to cook stuff. Even if it's just microwaveable stuff, it'd probably be good to be able to make food for myself. Since that's kinda important to staying alive.
2) Actually stream something for once like I said I would.
3) Stop changing usernames so much.

That's all the stuff I can think of right now.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Tired (I see what you did there) of waking up at noon? What ever happened to waking up ridiculously early at five in the morning?

Everybody seems to have some variation of "Be more healthy." on their lists.

I should probably have added learning to cook to my resolutions, but eh. I have too much on my plate (see what I did there?) already. I'll save that for next year.

Online high school? Are all of your classes online? Why would that start in November. Isn't that kind of random?
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Judge Jefferlope wrote:
Tired (I see what you did there) of waking up at noon? What ever happened to waking up ridiculously early at five in the morning?

That kinda died out recently. I've been waking up way too late lately, so I just need to get that in order.

Judge Jefferlope wrote:
I should probably have added learning to cook to my resolutions, but eh. I have too much on my plate (see what I did there?) already. I'll save that for next year.

I see what you did there! lol!

Judge Jefferlope wrote:
Online high school? Are all of your classes online? Why would that start in November. Isn't that kind of random?

Up until November I was in normal high school. I didn't start the course until then. Yeah, everything is online. It's a weird system though. It's like, all the stuff you need to do is laid out in a list, and instead of doing all of the different subjects at once, you sort of do each one at a time. The actual work is just studying and then taking a test, which I've been seriously slacking off on. You can do the tests and stuff whenever you want, which has resulted in me being extremely lazy. But I'm gonna have to buckle down and get it all done sooner or later, so may as well start now.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Tetris wrote:
Up until November I was in normal high school. I didn't start the course until then. Yeah, everything is online. It's a weird system though. It's like, all the stuff you need to do is laid out in a list, and instead of doing all of the different subjects at once, you sort of do each one at a time. The actual work is just studying and then taking a test, which I've been seriously slacking off on. You can do the tests and stuff whenever you want, which has resulted in me being extremely lazy. But I'm gonna have to buckle down and get it all done sooner or later, so may as well start now.

Interesting. I took a couple online classes for college (and I'll be taking another this semester), and I have learned that they are pretty much the worst thing for me. I end up getting lazy and neglecting the class, and when I'm not neglecting it, I'm getting distracted by the internet. Hopefully I can deal with it one last time.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm

You guys all have nice goals. Now here are mine.

1. Work on music more. I don't write enough songs and I don't play enough guitar/keyboard/mandolin!
2. Beat all of the Half Life games. I was thinking of saying "Beat all the games I have on Steam" but I don't think I could do that lolol.
3. Oh yeah, I'm going to join Jeff in not saying "lolol" so much. This will be a real challenge because of all the time I've spent alone with Max  Come Here Sweetie
4. EAT MORE. I'm always too lazy to eat. That should change.
5. Start running again so I'll be in shape for all the college ladies this September 8^)
6. Graduate from high school. I still need 40 hours of community service gAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think a charity stream would count? Though I'd need a signature from someone, and my high school is stupid, so probably not.
7. Sub 19 on SM64 16 star
8. GET BETTER AT TALKING. This goes both for actual pronunciation and diction and having a conversation (either through speaking or text). I suck at speaking because I never get any practice! I only talk to my kittens and my puppy!

WE CAN DO IT

Last edited by CoolGreenApple on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updates)
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 am

Well I heard from people who cook (the teacher probably lived alone though) that it's fun, and it looks fun, probably because you make what you want to eat. I should've probably added to play the harmonic or without an h or whatever, in spanish it's without an h, and I think it's like this in english, I have no idea if you pronounce the h in english in this case though.

Also CGA, Come Here Sweetie . I bet in english I would have trouble wih conversations and stuff, but with spanish I'm fine lol.

Also fixed list to round to 100, and say it nicer (almost technically without the reason unlike the above one).

9.- How to fix a car/how it works. (13 mp)
8.- How to make a computer/cellphone/tablet/consoleatleast, seriously, how do they even work. (13 mp)

12.- More body work. (10 mp)
10.- Learn how to cook more, independence ftw. (10 mp)
6.- Find love (Besides you guys, lololol). (10 mp)
7.- Get better at scripting since I noticed it could probably come in handy some day. (8 mp)
5.- Have fun. Top 2012 off and make it a better year. (8 mp)
4.- Complete things I have not completed (lower lazy level). (8 mp)

11.- Value what I have even more and not loling as much as I did, unless I'm trolling, that doesn't count. (5 mp)
3.- Eat healthy to stay alive. (5 mp)
2.- Survive until 2014. (5 mp)
1.- Get more on Steam and play all the games I have. (5 mp)

(If I ever update to completion, I'm still gonna mark the other ones)) Did you see how they are separated into kind-of sections (like the last one too). I like that since they all are like a group related thing, they can go connected and form a subtitle for each one.

Also I bothered to do the same with Jeff's, since they are also 12.

Growing up.
4 ) Move out of your parent's house. (13 mp)
5 ) Get accepted to a real college or find a way to survive on your own without it. (13 mp)

Responsability.
2 ) Graduate from community college with an associates degree. (10 mp)
6 ) Fix your personality and attitude towards everyone and everything and go through with your promises and commitments every once in a while. Most of all, stop being stubborn about every little thing. (10 mp)
8 ) Have some self-control! You can't fix anything if you don't show some willpower! (10 mp)

Looking into the future.
1 ) Figure out what you're good at. Seriously. (8 mp)
11 ) Create something for people to enjoy. (8 mp)
12 ) Make amends with your old enemy - mornings. (8 mp)

Habits. And a job.
3 ) Fix your study habits. (5 mp)
7 ) Stop saying "lol". If something is funny, "haha" will work just fine. (5 mp)
9 ) Get a new job. (5 mp)
10 ) Lose some weight! (5 mp)

Don't do it for the points, do it for yourself. It's not like I'm subtitling it for fun and messing up your actual view of what you wanted to gain from it. (Wait guys, how would we know if you laughed from a joke, if we don't lol?! How would we make that person feel good by not loling when they say a stupid joke? Do we just say, K?)

Also it's not like one is more important, they just fit the categories I made kind of lol, and kind of mixed into difficultness and "importance in life and your reputation" and all. But they shouldn't be considered as if they were rated in importance, because they weren't (lol), just as mine, I just rated mine in terms of fitting and all, but it doesn't mean I want to do the ones with more value first, or more than others, maybe I don't even want to do them at all! (K disregard everything)

It would be strange if I get all of mine, except the loling one. lololololol.

Jeff and I are elected to win THE BIGGEST PRIZE OF ALL! Maxpoints (by getting 50 maxpoints, you get a jeffpoint, and by getting two jeffpoints, you get a cgapoint! There's more but I'm gonna stop)!

I hope by classifying and making it seem like I'm in control of your goals helps you achieving them, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 am

Added a subsection to Number 4 on my bonus resolutions.

@Apple
You're the only person I've ever met who would say "I'm too lazy to eat."
A charity stream might work out. I'm an adult, so wouldn't I be able to sign it for you?
To be fair about Number 8, you do have some very interesting conversations with your kittens.

@Max
I am totally going to win that cgapoint.
Thanks for all the encouragement, Max. It means a lot!
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm

In no particular order:
1.) Stream more often.
2.) Eat more.
3.) Post on the Forum more.
4.) Play more game.
5.) Practice more Piano.
6.) Become a decent artist.
7.) Actually dress like I care. Instead of just throwing a shirt, hoodie, and some pants on. (Probably the hardest out of all of mine.)
8.) VIDEO GAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!

Check-a-roony.

Last edited by DarkKirby702 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm

I like that last one.

I throw on a shirt, hoodie, and pants every day, but I care!

Are you going to be able to stream more with busy-season coming on and all?
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Well, I usually do have some time during busy season to stream, but I never do, because nobody else has time to watch. And I don't like streaming by myself!
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 pm

I would watch! I hope. We're the closest timezone wise anyway I think, maybe one exception.

Should've added eat more instead of body work and videogames insteado f everything else.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:34 pm

I will MAKE time!
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:15 pm

GUYS.

I got accepted to Virginia Tech! =D

One resolution down!
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 am

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tetris

Tetris

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:27 am

Judge Jefferlope wrote:
GUYS.

I got accepted to Virginia Tech! =D

One resolution down!

That's awesome, Jeff!

CEEEEELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:06 am

CoolGreenApple wrote:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tetris wrote:
That's awesome, Jeff!

CEEEEELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON
Thanks for your celebratory words, guys! Money Shower <---[I am using the cash from the SMB Bank Vault as confetti.]
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:23 am

I was hoping to come in right at the party.

We have a SMB Bank Vault? What are you doing with our money anyway?!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year, guys.   It's that time of year, guys. Empty

Back to top Go down

It's that time of year, guys.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next