Super Marathon Brothers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clicking green buttons for the sake of the world.

HomePortalCalendarWatch us liveFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)

Go down 
+2
Jefferlope
Jaco
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaco

Jaco

The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) Empty
PostSubject: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 pm

As some of you may know, I already HAVE a Pokémon reviewing thread.

Well, that's been on hold for a long time... I don't have much motivation or inclination to continue that thread any time soon.

Besides, I was reviewing Pokémon from the 90's!
I say I should get with the times and start reviewing Pokémon that came out the most recently, namely generation five!

So without further ado, let us begin the Pokémon Idol, season five!

I will edit this post later so I can do every Pokémon (I can't do them all at once after all)
When I'm finished with all the Pokémon from generation five, I request that this thread be merged with my older thread.

Last edited by Jaco on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:36 pm

This time, the three judges (Jaco, jefferlope, and Supa) will all post in this thread discussing what Pokémon deserves what rating.
Anyone else can vote, too, but only Supa's, jeff's, and my votes will count in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:37 pm

So, do you want us to list like 1-20 or something now and wait for all three of us to post?
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm

This reminds me of the psypokes pokemon idol thing, but there I could vote.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:40 pm

I was thinking we would do it just like we did back in BR, where jeffer would announce the Pokémon, and we would all discuss it, rate it, and move on to the next.

That would be kinda slow, though... I agree with your idea, jeff, but I think it'll be like this:

A template will be posted, and you are all to type within that template and give your own review of the Pokémon. When everyone is done filling out the template, I shall average our scores between us.

We shall go by 10s, I think.
Agreed? And questions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:43 pm

This should totally be a Podcast segment... or at least in video format so I can do my paula or simon impression....
Back to top Go down
DarkKirby702

DarkKirby702

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Did you forget about the time when it was Me you and Ice instead?
Because you didn't want to wait for supa and jeff to review the pokemon in gen 5.

AND there should be a second opinion thing.
I don't think it sounds nice by saying
"Only Mine, Jeff's and Supa's votes will count."
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Yeah, but I don't have to wait anymore now.

And sure, sure, I think we can have a seperate average for users other than the judges as well.
The reason I don't want to average anyone else but ours' is because it would be very hard to keep track of... Well, maybe not, but still.

I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Sounds good to me Jaco.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Okay, I'm off to make the first template, then.
This is gonna be fun.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Jaco wrote:
This is gonna be fun.
Is there gonna be space for us to give our reasoning?
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm

jefferlope wrote:
Jaco wrote:
This is gonna be fun.
Is there gonna be space for us to give our reasoning?
You'll see in a sec.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Okay guys, here's the template.
The first ten Pokémon we will be reviewing are:
Victini
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott

IN THAT ORDER.

For now, just type where it says "ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE".
Remember to score the Pokémon out of 10.

Here's what it will look like:
Quote :
#494 Victini:
#495 Snivy:
#496 Servine:
#497 Serperior:
#498 Tepig:
#499 Pignite:
#500 Emboar:
#501 Oshawott:
#502 Dewott:
#503 Samurott:

Now, copy this code, paste it onto your post, and write your review of each Pokémon where it says "ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE", then submit.
Code:
[spoiler=#494 Victini][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b5/Spr_5b_494.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#495 Snivy][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6a/Spr_5b_495.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#496 Servine][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d3/496.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#497 Serperior][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/99/497.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#498 Tepig][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/69/498.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#499 Pignite][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ea/499.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#500 Emboar][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/be/500.png][/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#501 Oshawott][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/501.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#502 Dewott][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6c/502.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler][spoiler=#503 Samurott][center][img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/99/503.png[/img][/center]ENTER REVIEW TEXT HERE[/spoiler]

Last edited by Jaco on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 pm

I added a code to your post so we don't have to quote you.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks... That oughtta help, lol.
Back to top Go down
Jefferlope

Jefferlope

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 pm

#494 Victini:
#495 Snivy:
#496 Servine:
#497 Serperior:
#498 Tepig:
#499 Pignite:
#500 Emboar:
#501 Oshawott:
#502 Dewott:
#503 Samurott:
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:09 pm

#494 Victini:
#495 Snivy:
#496 Servine:
#497 Serperior:
#498 Tepig:
#499 Pignite:
#500 Emboar:
#501 Oshawott:
#502 Dewott:
#503 Samurott:

Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:45 pm

I knew jaco was going to go "Uh... I don't feel like doing all the other pokemon, but I want to review the 5th gen!!! SKIP AND REVIEW" lol.

Though jeff is a bad judge, all but one of the reviews are one-liners?

Wait what? Lapras evolution? I don't think that fits, I even think Lapras is bigger lol.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Eh, I don't know.
These are sort of "first impression" reviews, mixed in with what I think about them now.

I also prefer to keep them all short and sweet... It simplifies things even more, I think.
Back to top Go down
YouOnlySueOnce

YouOnlySueOnce

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Jeff? Sweet? LOLjk

EDIT: BTW You should probably do this on the future:

(Supa's Score + Jeff's Score + Jaco's Score + Avarage Score of Users)/4

Or just + Every Users' vote lol
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:05 pm

By "users", do you mean jeff, Supa, and I? If so, I was already planning on that.
If you meant everyone, I mentioned that I was going to try and do that, but it would slow the process down a bit, because I'd have to wait for every body to review them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I think I was pretty fair in my judgment. If you think I was over critical, I am sorry, I tried my best not to be.

#494 Victini:
#495 Snivy:
#496 Servine:
#497 Serperior:
#498 Tepig:
#499 Pignite:
#500 Emboar:
#501 Oshawott:
#502 Dewott:
#503 Samurott:

Last edited by SupaKirb on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Dude, great reviews... Only two lines of text for each of them, but each contained well-thought out opinions, for the most part. I was honestly expecting stuff like "PFFT! THIS GUY OWNZ, JUST LOOK AT DEM PECKS!!!"
Or something like that Razz
Well, I'll begin the averaging, and then create the next template.

I'm surprised no other people participated... Was it perhaps that there was no prospect of their rating being averaged in with the original three judges? Or are you all making yours right now?

Either way, I'll go do the things I previously mentioned.

(PS: Now that we're done with the starters, this is really gonna get fun. I always think the starters are the most boring Pokémon to review for some reason. Probably because there's only three Pokémon familes out of NINE Pokémon)
Back to top Go down
SkrΑlem

SkrΑlem

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:33 pm

wow this are so opinionated. One thing someone hates about a pokemon, another loves. Maybe I'll throw my biased opinions too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:36 pm

SkrΑlem wrote:
wow this are so opinionated. One thing someone hates about a pokemon, another loves. Maybe I'll throw my biased opinions too...

What are opinions? I only know how to write facts..... Scattered Datas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)   The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official SMB Pokémon Idol! Season 5! (Discuss)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next